What's new

Thater 4125/3 2 band or Thater 4292/5 2 band

Hello everyone, I want to order a new Thater 2 band brush. I face lather most of the time and I understand the 4125 has a shorter loft and has more backbone. I've also heard great things about the 4292/5. I want one with the bulb shape. I love the handle on the 4292 in Ivory. I will eventually buy both but would like to hear your thoughts if you have any experience with either or both

Last edited:
I really like Thaters. The 4125 is a great handle design. My only issue was the handle was a little too short for my big hands. I hve tried the 4125/2 and 4125/3. I preferred the 4125/3 as the handle is a little taller. The knots are superb. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks, that's what I have been concerned about also. I've heard great things about the 4125 but haven't really seen much on the 4292. I like the handle on the 4292 more but it also has a longer loft. Is the handle on the 4125/2 uncomfortable in hand? I'd like to get the 26mm knot

I like the 4125 handle. If I buy another brush it will likely be another 4125 with a larger 3-band knot. The /0 3-band is great for creams and soft soaps but too small for hard soaps. Shown are /0 3-band "plexi" and /1 and /2 in 2-band.

$3 Thaters.jpg

Thanks, that's what I have been concerned about also. I've heard great things about the 4125 but haven't really seen much on the 4292. I like the handle on the 4292 more but it also has a longer loft. Is the handle on the 4125/2 uncomfortable in hand? I'd like to get the 26mm knot

No. The handle design is comfortable. My issue was the height. I am 6'4". I have some matching hands. The handle height of 50mm feels too short for my big hands. This issue is both big hands and personal preference.

If you have normal sized hands, I don't suspect you would have any problems. Or you night even find that height comfortable. I know many do. Other members love Chubbies and Falstaffs and those are the same height. Don't worry about the shape. Its a good design.

Thank you for the pics. All beautiful brushes. I've decided to go with the 4125/2. Now I'm debating on whether to go with the 2 band or 3 band. I use soaps most of the time and face lather. Is there that much difference in backbone between the two? I definitely want the bulb shape

I've decided to go with the 4125/2. Now I'm debating on whether to go with the 2 band or 3 band. I use soaps most of the time and face lather. Is there that much difference in backbone between the two?

I also face lather with soaps most of the time. If you use hard soaps or want more backbone go 2-band. If you were mostly a cream user, I would recommend the 3-band which will be softer with a little more splay. I limit my Thater 3-band use to soft soaps and creams. I don't like it with hard soaps, but this may be due to it's small size (/0).

Top Bottom