What's new

You know you have wet shaving on the brain when.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Spending an hour or more a day on B&B posting/reading posts opening up new tabs to search products someone has mentioned biding time until the next shave.

When you're late for work.. becuae you were reading about shaving, then shaving, then making notes and SOTD pictures about shaving, then posting those notes and pictures....

and spending the day reviewing your shave and writing the cream review in your head when you boss is talking to you.

When you come to the conclusion that, even though you have other hobbies and interests, you're not a member of any online forums — any other than B&B that is.

Nine years and counting.

When you notice that the razor knife you're using is produced by Sheffield mfg. and spend 30 minutes researching the connections.

+1 to everything I've read in this thread!

And I'll add; while out on sales calls you map the local antique shops to stop at along your route.

When you're itching to talk to someone about wet shaving but it seems like you're the only person you know in your circle that's interested in this.

They just don't get it... it's an awesome hobby... :mellow:

Why don't they understand...

...when you can't walk down an Isle of soap without checking ingredients to see it might make a good shaving soap.

When you're itching to talk to someone about wet shaving but it seems like you're the only person you know in your circle that's interested in this.

They just don't get it... it's an awesome hobby... :mellow:

Why don't they understand...

The first thing you notice about a guy is his stubble.

...when you can't walk down an Isle of soap without checking ingredients to see it might make a good shaving soap.

All of the above....

When you look at everyday items like coffee mugs, sugar bowls and the mortar bowl from a mortar and pestle set and wonder if they'd make good shaving bowls
Do you hold it backwards in your left hand and make pretend brush-swishing motions with your right?

Also when you repurpose your wife's marble candle holder as a brush soaking vessel.... Honestly it gets a lot more use now!
I had the opposite happen. I bought a rice bowl with fluted sides from the Salvation Army shop as one of my first lather bowls, but SWMBO has claimed it as her favourite soup bowl.
This justified me buying a nice hand-thrown stoneware bowl for lathering.

When you can't *just* go to the bathroom any more, and each visit includes a quick smell of soap or cream...
My First Canadian Shave Co's "Barbershop Taper Fade" soap container always gets a sniff for no reason at all.

The first thing you notice about a guy is his stubble.
I can hardly bear to watch TV shows involving drug lords and terrorists.

Or keep track (with fountain pen and ink no less) of date, razor, blade and number of shaves with each razor/blade combo...
Don't forget the brush, soap, and AS.
I use the Notes app on my iPod.

Top Bottom