What's new

The Handle Thread

Here is the UFO Colibri with the Gillette Hybrid Tech head next to the Gillette Aristocrat #16. The UFO Colibri is made from 316L stainless steel, it is 80mm long, 12/12mm caliber, and weighs 60grams. My favorite part is that the knurling is the exact same as the Gillette Aristocrat #16, except in the opposite direction.
$FullSizeRender.jpg$FullSizeRender (1).jpg$FullSizeRender (2).jpg

I definitely have the coolest handle... however I don't want to post a picture of it because you all would just be too jealous. Oh..ok.. I know you want to see for yourself:$81kQ+YpVPFL._SX522_.jpg

About 4 inches long, a hefty 90 grams, stainless steel from Maggard's.. a limited edition. Handlebar shaving sells a razor with this handle as well.

See? Now you're jealous.

Tends toward Gillette's stock handles like the tuckaway handle on the New Deluxe.
proxy.php

I like the faceted Ericsson handle for my Old though.
proxy.php

I also just got a fat Tech handle in the mail. Comparing to the common bar handle, there's no contest, the Tech handle is my new favorite for the SC head.

My shiny chrome Windrose SP-4 and knurled stainless steel Windrose D-9 Chunky are both very good lathe turned handles
The scalloped safety bar head is generic, but the handles are perfectly balanced and I've always had a good shave with either of them
$20160808_113645.jpg
$20160903_105015.jpg $20160903_105103.jpg
It's a tough call, the SP-4 is better looking, but the D-9 is more comfortable to shave with

I like the weight, look and feel of ATT Kronos handle and the Exec. Shaving Braveheart handle. Both have a cool utilitarian vibe and balance respective razor heads nicely. Plus good length for me.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The tapered hex handle on my EMIR Karl Engels has a nice feel to it.

I generally use the handle that came with the vintage razor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just got a fat Tech handle in the mail. Comparing to the common bar handle, there's no contest, the Tech handle is my new favorite for the SC head.
Came here just to say this. I use my fat Tech handle with my Old Type (don't like the ball end), NEW Deluxe (common bar handle to smooth) and NEW SC (thin common bar handle too thin).

For me, the Gillette fat Tech handle is the best handle on the planet. Perfect weight, balance and grippiness.

I currently found a couple of wood turners on Esty that had exotic Hawaiian hardwoods and so they turned razor handles for me by special request. I also got a hold of some wood blanks from Hawaii and had a couple different ones turned after sending it to them.

$DSC01208.jpg

Left to right: Hawaiian Curly Koa, Hawaiian Milo, Hawaiian Curly Mango, Australian Toon. I got a Hawaiian Sugi handle coming in soon.

Keeps me grounded to my roots whenever I shave with those razors.

All my handles are vintage. It may sound boring, but I'm really enjoying the classic gillette hollow ball end handle right now. The diameter, the balance, the feel all seem so natural to me.

I feel left out on this one... totally cornered. I'm an adjustable guy, so it's love it or leave it (as is or nothing). I will say I like the fatboy handle but I use a slim for the clearance under my nose.

Tends toward Gillette's stock handles like the tuckaway handle on the New Deluxe.
proxy.php

I like the faceted Ericsson handle for my Old though.
proxy.php

Beautiful handles, nothing beats vintage!!! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom