What's new

Coffee in Bulk from Winco

Not sure if any of you have a Winco Grocery Store near you but the one near us has a LARGE bulk Coffee bean section.

We really enjoy the Columbian Dark Roast, and we usually always try a seasonal blend that they have. Lately my wife and I have really been enjoying the Salted Butterscotch on the weekends.

Anyone else purchase beans here?

I've got a Winco close to me here in North Texas, but have never thought about them for coffee. Thanks for the tip. Do they have a large selection of decaf beans?

I've got a Winco close to me here in North Texas, but have never thought about them for coffee. Thanks for the tip. Do they have a large selection of decaf beans?

The one near us has about 40 different varieties that are caffeinated and about 10 varieties that are decaf. And the price is very good here. I think it $8 a pound. But I buy the Columbian (since that is our daily) in the pre-packed 20 pound bags which drops the price to $7.25 a pound I believe.

Also usually a couple weeks before x-mas they have a sale that puts the price at $6 a pound.

Ahh, WinCo. Lived in the Inland Empire for a summer during college for an internship and got all my food there. The prices were ridiculously good for California and good even in comparison to the prices I'm used to here in Chicago. I miss it!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We don't have any of those around here. That is a nice price! Do they indicate in any manner when the beans were roasted?

LARGE bulk Coffee bean section.

Coffee starts to loose flavor 14 days after roasting.

If you drink your coffee with milk and sugar it is not that important how the coffee tastes as the modifications (especially sugar) will make the worst coffee in the world "drinkable"

Get some fresh roasted coffee and compare the taste. If you do not taste a difference there is no reason to purchase fresh roasted coffee at the higher price.

Top Bottom