What's new

Well I hope no one falls for this.

Well, keep in mind the law of supply and demand. Since the product is sold out and no date as to when it's available, then when demand outstrips supply prices rise. I am not a buyer of the product so just trying to rationalize the buying behavior.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
'No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.' - H.L. Mencken

Cheers, Steve

Wow... Haslinger and Tabac are great soaps... but thats pretty steep. If he actually sells something at that price, I can't blame him... just the one that clicked that button. :blink:

I did a bit of Googling as to why sometimes you see stuff incredibly highly priced on Amazon - not just by a buck or two but implausibly high (you see worse than this - books that retail for 20 bucks being sold for several hundred) and most people seem to think that it's either vendors out of something who expect to get more and don't want to bother taking the listing down and putting it back up just pricing it super high to deter people from buying in the meantime, and programs set up to match prices to competitors going wildly wrong.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I did a bit of Googling as to why sometimes you see stuff incredibly highly priced on Amazon - not just by a buck or two but implausibly high (you see worse than this - books that retail for 20 bucks being sold for several hundred) and most people seem to think that it's either vendors out of something who expect to get more and don't want to bother taking the listing down and putting it back up just pricing it super high to deter people from buying in the meantime, and programs set up to match prices to competitors going wildly wrong.
This is what my understanding as well. When almost out of stock, jack the price to maintain the listing, fully understanding that the item(s) will not sell until stock gets replenished and the price gets lowered.

This is what my understanding as well. When almost out of stock, jack the price to maintain the listing, fully understanding that the item(s) will not sell until stock gets replenished and the price gets lowered.

There's two other things that Amazon does that makes me question a bit of their retail integrity (other than poorly packed shipments of fragrances):

1) When Amazon sells out of an item on sale, the url link leads to a 3rd party reseller. Inexperienced customers don't realize it until they add it to the cart.

2) I've read that the Amazon warehouse inventory commingles products that have been purchased by Amazon's buyers and those that come in from 3rd party resellers whose products are fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. I try to avoid the 3rd party resellers because I'm not sure if they're selling returns or items bought at closeouts, but if the warehouse employees don't or can't distinguish the difference, then I'm never sure of the pristine, factory new condition of the product I've purchased.

Well some things are just more expensive in Canada. For example, the AVERAGE price for a resale of a house in Canada is now $478,100 (CN). A few years ago before the collapse of the loon, Canadians would come down to FL and buy many of the houses that were being foreclosed.

Top Bottom