What's new

Favorite Fall/Winter frags on a budget?

I'm relatively new to the scent game, and I'm trying to slowly build up a stable of usable every day budget frags. Niche just isn't in my conversation right now with one child about to head to college, one a ten year old football player in a high school body, and one just breaking the ranks of kindergarten. What are some of your favorite fall and winter fragrances that have surprised you without breaking the bank? For reference, let's keep it under $75 at the top end and preferably under $50.

Caron L`Anarchiste
Old Spice
English Leather Spiced
Tabac EdC
Tuscany by Aramis (I associate citrus with fall & winter)
Pino Silvestre

A long lasting bay rum would probably also be very good.

Off the top of my head...

Burberry London for Men
CK One Shock for Him (don't let the graffiti inspired bottle fool you. A great fall juice)
Quorum
Quorum Silver
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Cuba Red

I appreciate some of these old school cheap but good references. And there's a few here I am not familiar with that I need to check up on. Thanks guys.

Two others came to mind since I posted yesterday: Halston Z-14 and Halston 1-12. Not sure how I forgot, I wear both of them a lot.

Have you checked out any of the online retailers? I have used both Fragrancenet and FragranceX and have been very happy. You get authentic fragrances for a lot cheaper than you would buying from a place like Macy's or Sephora.

Some of my favorite inexpensive fall/winter ones:
Chergui
Givenchy Gentlemen
Montblanc Individuel
John Varvatos
Rive Gauche Pour Homme
Azzaro Pour Homme
Terre d'Hermes
Guerlain Vetiver
L'Instant de Guerlain
Dior Homme
Encre Noire
Midnight in Paris
Caron Pour un Homme

Hope this helps!

Guerlain Vetiver is your best choice. Perfect for the fall and it really complements the cold of winter nicely. I'm actually wearing it today :thumbup:

L' Instant de Guerlain is a great EdT, but it doesn't last long, at least on my skin. I also enjoy wearing the YSL Kouros in winter months.

Geurlain Vetiver
kouros
Lapidus Pour Homme
Zino Davidoff
Geurlain Habit Rouge
Polo Green
Quorum
English Leather
Jocomo de Jocomo
Pour Louis
van cleef and arpels pour homme and Tsar

All pretty reasonable. I love them all.

No EDC or EDT on my list but my AS choices are:

Old Spice
Bay Rum
Tabac
Pinaud Special Reserve
Master Challenge

I've been using:
Burberry London
English Leather
Bootlegger El Dorado (English Leather+Clubman Special Reserve+Clubman Vanilla, thanks OkieStubble et al!)
Paul Sebastian PS Fine
Good luck in your quest!

Last edited:
Have you checked out any of the online retailers? I have used both Fragrancenet and FragranceX and have been very happy. You get authentic fragrances for a lot cheaper than you would buying from a place like Macy's or Sephora.

Some of my favorite inexpensive fall/winter ones:
Chergui
Givenchy Gentlemen
Montblanc Individuel
John Varvatos
Rive Gauche Pour Homme
Azzaro Pour Homme
Terre d'Hermes
Guerlain Vetiver
L'Instant de Guerlain
Dior Homme
Encre Noire
Midnight in Paris
Caron Pour un Homme

Hope this helps!
It does! Midnight In Paris is a current favorite. I layer it on top of Ferragamo F Black and always receive positive comments.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My favorite winter frag is Eau des Baux, which comes in right around the $50 mark for a large (3.4 oz) bottle. It's my wife's favorite, which I readily admit heavily influences my choice.

Geurlain Vetiver
kouros
Lapidus Pour Homme
Zino Davidoff
Geurlain Habit Rouge
Polo Green
Quorum
English Leather
Jocomo de Jocomo
Pour Louis
van cleef and arpels pour homme and Tsar

All pretty reasonable. I love them all.
There are several here I will eventually will try. I really like old school scents. I especially want to check out Vetiver, Habit Rouge and Lapidus.

Top Bottom