What's new

PIF - 3rd ever "Shave like a man for an entire year" - Veteran's Day Edition

Gents (Ladies can play too)!

So you've been tossing around the idea of wet shaving, but keep finding excuses? "I don't know what to buy, don't have the money, not sure where to start, what blades should I get?"

Maybe you're a seasoned veteran that just likes good shaving gear at the best price, and can't find a vendor willing to give you them for free.

Well your excuses have no place here! To celebrate Veteran's Day, I'm giving away everything you need to begin shaving like a man for AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! (If you can fight off the ADs)

If you're already shaving like a man, you can at least beef up your den with some quality gear!

So what's in it for you?

This year, I'm doing it a little different. I'll be revealing contents of the PIF each day or so, until they're all listed. If you guess an item(s) correctly before it is announced, your name will be added to the drawing a second time. You can rest assured, the stuff going in here is quality shave gear that any man would be stoked to have (or maybe not). Regardless, you'll have to wait and see. Happy guessing!

Note: If I miss a day, or announce early: TOO BAD!!!

1) Razor (Release Date -18 Oct)

2) Brush (Release Date - 20 Oct)

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 22 Oct)

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 24 Oct)

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 26 Oct)

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 28 Oct)

7) Blades - (Release Date 30 Oct)

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date Nov 1)

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date Nov 3)

Note - Some additional odds and ends may find their way in this box....

Everything in this PIF is unused except for the razor and brush.

What are the rules?

Just say "I want to shave like (Insert your favorite badass here)" It can be Clint Eastwood, James Bond, or even your Korean War vet grandpa, just someone (Real or Fictional) who would be proud of your decision to put a DE blade to your skin. Feel free to tell us a little about your selection. Also, pick someone who hasn't already been chosen, nobody wants to see 100 Lee Marvins. (In fact I'm pretty sure 100 Lee Marvins are illegal in 48 states). Also, feel free to guess the unknown contents of the PIF in order for a chance to get your name added more than once.

Note: Your choice CAN NOT BE JOHN WAYNE OR JOHNY HENDRICKS. They were the badasses named by winners at the end of the last two PIFs with this theme and have been retired to the hall of fame.

Selection will be done using random draw on 11 November. (PIF is available Worldwide if you're willing to pay shipping after the first $15. (Please understand, I can't send the aftershave either)

If there is anything in here you know you won't use, tell me before I send it out to you. I'll PIF it to another guy (trust me, you won't hurt my feelings doing this....especially since I don't have any left after shaving like a man this long)

So what are you waiting for? Jump on this! :thumbup:

Nice pif, but not in. I have enough gear for at least 10 men to shave like a man for a minimum of 5 years each.

I want to shave like Marlin Brando always supporting a bbs shave and for the vet day theme go with his role in the young lions

I want to shave like my badass friend, Rodney, who WON his battle with cancer on Nov 11, 2014. His body is laid to rest but his soul rejoices in an unimaginable place. RIP buddy!

I want to shave like Grampa, but i cant find a sharp enough rock. My choice on a razor would be a Feather AS-D2.
Thanks for such a nice PIF.

Great pif! I want to shave like my grandpa. He died when I was really young and come to find out he had a few straights. Sadly no one remembers what happened to them.

This is an awesome PIF and I hope many, many people enter this. Normally I wouldn't be in on a PIF but I am trying to build my shave den back up again. Therefore, I want to shave like my Great Uncle Bud. My Uncle Bud was a Marine Raider who fought in World War II and specifically Guadalcanal, as well as other battles. My Great Uncle Bud also fought in the Korean War and Vietnam in the Marine Corps. Amazingly, when Desert Shield/Desert Storm came around...he walked back into the Marine Corps Recruiting office and said, "I have to get out there and help my boys!" I have never met a more selfless man in my entire life...I have never met more of a Man's man in my entire life. Thanks for this great opportunity!

Not sure how the guessing is supposed to go so I am going to do it all at one time:

1) Razor (Release Date -18 Oct) - Fine Superlite Slant Razor

2) Brush (Release Date - 20 Oct) - Omega Pro 49

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 22 Oct) - Captains Choice Bay Rum

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 24 Oct) - Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap with Sheep Milk and Lanolin

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 26 Oct) - PAA Beach

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 28 Oct) - Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny

7) Blades - (Release Date 30 Oct) - Polsilver Super Iridium

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date Nov 1) - Fine L'Orange Noir

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date Nov 3) - Stirling Executive Man

Hope I didn't break protocol...thanks for the opportunity!

I want to shave like Grandpa Lloyd! The man will be 99 years of age on Halloween. He still goes out dancing 2-3 nights a week, visits his VFW lodge regularly, and still attracts all the ladies.

This entry is more for my brother-in-law than myself. Trying to turn him away from the dark side.
Razor Predictor says.......Rockwell 6s

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Great PIF! I'm not in, though, since I already shave like Batman, Superman, and Spiderman all put together.

Amazing PIF!

I want to shave like my great-grandfather Sylvan. He lived up until the ripe age of 94 still walking actively, and when medical issues began popping up and he started tiptoeing the edge, He chose when he would step over rather than letting an ailment control him. He taught my grandfather, his son-in-law, how to be the man he is today. He enjoyed the finer things, like a nicely aged whiskey, and was always there to support his family.
My guesses are as follows:

1) Razor (Release Date -18 Oct) - Merkur 34c

2) Brush (Release Date - 20 Oct) - Whipped Dog 22mm High Mountain Badger

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 22 Oct) - Arko

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 24 Oct) - Mystic Water Soap Maestrale

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 26 Oct) - Mystic Water Soap Marrakesh

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 28 Oct) - Mystic Water Soap Orange Vanilla

7) Blades - (Release Date 30 Oct) - Astra SP blades

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date Nov 1) - Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date Nov 3) Pinaud Clubman Original

Additionally, Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Holy gigantic pif...

I wanna shave like Nikola Tesla!

1) Razor (Release Date -18 Oct) - Merkur Progress

2) Brush (Release Date - 20 Oct) - Omega 10098

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 22 Oct) - proraso blue

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 24 Oct) - proraso green

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 26 Oct) - prorasso red

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 28 Oct) - proraso white

7) Blades - (Release Date 30 Oct) - Gillette Blue Blades

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date Nov 1) - no idea, don't even use aftershave

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date Nov 3) see #9

Awesome submissions so far! Keep em coming.

Also, soaps/creams don't have to be guessed in order of release date. You'll bet an extra entry as long as you got one right, regardless of order.

Awesome PIF sir!

I wanna shave like Teddy Roosevelt!

And now for my guesses.

1) Razor (Release Date -18 Oct) Gillette slim.

2) Brush (Release Date - 20 Oct) Semogue 620

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 22 Oct) Tabac

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 24 Oct) TOBS sandalwood cream

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 26 Oct) Arko

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 28 Oct) Haslinger

7) Blades - (Release Date 30 Oct) Gillette Silver Blues

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date Nov 1) Pinaud Clubman

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date Nov 3) Fine American Blend

Good luck folks!

I'm already in, but looks like I need to guess at more than just the razor for now. Here are the rest of my predictions.

1) Razor (Release Date -18 Oct) Rockwell 6s

2) Brush (Release Date - 20 Oct) Omega 1250

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 22 Oct) RazoRock XXX

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 24 Oct) Proraso Green

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 26 Oct) Cella

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 28 Oct) Tabac

7) Blades - (Release Date 30 Oct) Personna Lab Blue

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date Nov 1) Lucky Tiger

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date Nov 3) Fine American

I've seen a lot of PIF's but this one takes the cake. Someone is going to be like a kid on Christmas. :thumbup1: to Demaskee.

I want to shave like my grandfather Anders (after whom I was named). Never had the pleasure to meet him as he died of cancer before i was born (too many cigarettes)

Top Bottom