What's new

Portland Oregon

Hey guys, haven't checked-in for a while, but have been lurking.
Any Pacific Northwest Natives out there that can help me out?
I am in the Portland area for a week and want to know if there are any shave supply stores I should hit up while here? Also are the antique shops worth hitting up for shaving swag.

Thanks for any help old friends!

Mammal Man

I'm originally from Portland but haven't lived there for 10 years and don't know the shops for new equipment (if there are any). But Sellwood in Southeast Portland (esp. along 17th Avenue) has a concentration of antique shops and antique malls that provide a target-rich environment for looking. Lots of low-end stuff of a type that often contains estate-sale shaving equipment.

I haven't been down to Portland in a while, so I can't speak to any shaving shops. However if the antique stores are anything like up here in Washington, you're sure to find something worthwhile in your search.
Good luck!

I currently live outside of Eugene. Portland has lots of old "retro" shops that would probably have some antique razors. As for soaps and aftershaves, that is more of an online thing. There are very few stores on the west coast that carry wet shaving supplies.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll have to hit a couple of the antique shops. If I find anything, I'll post about it.

Hey guys, haven't checked-in for a while, but have been lurking.
Any Pacific Northwest Natives out there that can help me out?
I am in the Portland area for a week and want to know if there are any shave supply stores I should hit up while here? Also are the antique shops worth hitting up for shaving swag.

Thanks for any help old friends!

Mammal Man
I keep the area heavily picked over. These days it's rare to find anything worth picking up.

These guys opened up not too long ago http://www.portlandrazorco.com/. This place is also new to me. http://www.brickandmortarpdx.com/

Portland is hipster town, so it may have what current in the shaving world, but its prices will match the fashion.

As far as antiques go, you might swing out west to Hillsboro. Its Main Street has a couple shops, and Sellwood tends to be a bit higher priced. But head to Powell's on Burnside and pick up books on shaving. Powell's is bound to have some.

Enjoy your stay.

Top Bottom