What's new

November Theme Month 2016

I'm out.

I'm currently 3017-ing a puck of Tabac, so Tabactober is going to become Tabacvember, and possibly (probably?) Tabaccember. However, if I happen to finish off the Tabac before the end of November, I will make my next 3017 project match which ever week that I finish the Tabac.

Question: Would AoS tallow soap count for the vintage soap week?

If I were going to participate my soaps would look like this:
1st thru 6th : Bay Rum - Taconic Bay Rum cream (I don't currently own any other Bay Rum product.)
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps - AoS tallow Sandalwood (if it counts, otherwise I don't have any vintage soaps)
13th thru 18th: Haslinger - I have the Schafmilch and the Meeresalgen.
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES! - I have a few samples from Stirling for this.
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall - Dr. Jon's Hydra
I would say AOS tallow would count
Me, too. I really like the "theme week" concept but I'm 3017'ing RR XXX and less than half way through. It will likely last me through November. I would simply pause the 3017 but I've been waiting to try some razors and brushes. 3017'ing a soap allows me to vary other parts of the shave for consistent testing. So . . .

Maybe. I'll have to see based on my blade/razor testing and the synthetic brush pass-around. If I play along, here's my list:

Bay Rum - I have a Conk puck and to try. I have a SCS Bay Rum sample but it burns me. I've been holding the Conk Bay Rum for testing b/c glycerin seems to light up my face.

Vintage - I don't have any unless this counts:

Haslinger - Sandalwood
Samples - Stirling
Citrus - RR XXX, DR Harris Arlington, RR Don Marco, TOBS Eton College ?, Stirling MITA

Florida Water! I really like it, though my wife doesn't . . . :mad3:
Your in

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

Looks wonderful, but I'm going to pass this time. Too many B&M offerings I need to get at least one shave in each puck before I forget I have them in the closet. And RPS, and Poraso's, Simpsons, and... and...

1st thru 6th : Bay Rum Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps (use your definition of what a vintage soap is) Old Spice Original (it's Old Spice, it's been around since 1938, so while it might be a reformulation I still think it's vintage)
13th thru 18th: Haslinger2 Haslinger Aloe Vera
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES! Chisled Face Sherlock sample
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall WSP Rustic Shaving Soap Citrus Blast

I have to buy it, but it'll be here by Thursday latest. I've been saying I wanted to try some new soaps. So it works out great. And honestly, I don't think I would have tried some of these brands if I didn't have to search for specific scents and/or brands. I think this be more often.

I'm in this is right up my alley, I use my soaps this way one week per soap all the time with the exception of October I used TABAC with the gang. My lineup November is as follows:

First Week: B&M Bay Rum
Second Week: No vintage soap maybe a discontinued soap B&M Black Label Peppermint and Rosemary
Third Week: Haslinger Sheepmilk and Lanolin
Fourth Week: GFT Samples
Last Week: TFS Bergamot Neroli

What do you all think about using a discontinued soap if you don't have a vintage one?

:shaving:
SMOOTH SHAVING

I'm in this is right up my alley, I use my soaps this way one week per soap all the time with the exception of October I used TABAC with the gang. My lineup November is as follows:

First Week: B&M Bay Rum
Second Week: No vintage soap maybe a discontinued soap B&M Black Label Peppermint and Rosemary
Third Week: Haslinger Sheepmilk and Lanolin
Fourth Week: GFT Samples
Last Week: TFS Bergamot Neroli

What do you all think about using a discontinued soap if you don't have a vintage one?

:shaving:
SMOOTH SHAVING

i'm okay with using a discontinued soap in place of a vintage one.

I am ready for November!

$E5243191.jpg

1st thru 6th : Bay Rum - (Old Spice with Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum soaking for last two weeks)
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps - Tallow Trumper Almond
13th thru 18th: Haslinger - Schafmilch
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES! - Meissner Tremonia Salty Sage Paste/ Stirling Tuscany (if needed)
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall - Mike's Barbershop (not strictly citrus, but a heavy bergamot component).

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I don't have any bay rum, for vintage I was thinking about Darden Jack's Old Spice scent, I have a lot of samples I can use, for citrus I have D.R. Harris Arlington and Alvarez Gomez. I was was thinking about doing the Alvarez Gomez because I have practically a new jar of that stuff And I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. I have samples out the but. I put a dent in my razor rock, but I still have a way to go with that. What would Ozark Mountain, Almond Cream, Dragons Blood and Joop fall under?

I am ready for November!

View attachment 698054

1st thru 6th : Bay Rum - (Old Spice with Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum soaking for last two weeks)
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps - Tallow Trumper Almond
13th thru 18th: Haslinger - Schafmilch
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES! - Meissner Tremonia Salty Sage Paste/ Stirling Tuscany (if needed)
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall - Mike's Barbershop (not strictly citrus, but a heavy bergamot component).
Nice set up
I can't as I have none of those fragrances in any form. Sounds like it will be fun!
Hopefully you can join in December

I don't have any bay rum, for vintage I was thinking about Darden Jack's Old Spice scent, I have a lot of samples I can use, for citrus I have D.R. Harris Arlington and Alvarez Gomez. I was was thinking about doing the Alvarez Gomez because I have practically a new jar of that stuff And I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. I have samples out the but. I put a dent in my razor rock, but I still have a way to go with that. What would Ozark Mountain, Almond Cream, Dragons Blood and Joop fall under?

Ozark Mountain will fit perfectly in a theme I have geared up for December. Not sure on scent for Dragons blood or joop

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I can also do Stirling Piacenza for citrus too. I keep coming back to check the list to make sure I'm compliant. Lol

So I broke it out into 6 day intervals so we have 5 themes.

1st thru 6th : Bay Rum
7th thru 12th: Vintage Soaps (use your definition of what a vintage soap is)
13th thru 18th: Haslinger
19th thru 24th: Use up those SAMPLES!
25th thru 30th: Citrus in fall

Are you in?

I guess I'm in, kinda.

1. Taconic Bay Rum, B&M Bay Rum.
2. I don't have any real vintage soaps. So I use Tabac instead. It's good enough to fill in. :001_smile
3. Haslinger Honey and Sheep Milk.
4. Don't have any, but I'll buy something.
5. Castle Forbes Lime will do I guess.

I guess I'm in, kinda.

1. Taconic Bay Rum, B&M Bay Rum.
2. I don't have any real vintage soaps. So I use Tabac instead. It's good enough to fill in. :001_smile
3. Haslinger Honey and Sheep Milk.
4. Don't have any, but I'll buy something.
5. Castle Forbes Lime will do I guess.
Looks like a great lineup

Get ready for those Bay Rum scents tomorrow.

I just realized I don't own a true Bay Rum so Stirling Bay Lime will have to suffice for tomorrow.

MY NOVEMBER THEME SOAPS
$image.jpg
B&M BAY RUM
VINTAGE/DISCOUNTINUED B&M BLACK LABEL PEPPERMINT AND ROSEMARY
TIM'S SOAP BUSTA BLEND
HASLINGER SHEEPMILK AND LANOLIN
GFT SAMPLES
TFS BERGAMOT NEROLI

I'm READY

First shave with the vintage Old Spice soaked in Pinaud VIBR went smoothly, though I gotta admit I'm surprised the scent ended up so subtle as I added a good couple ounces and let it soak for a couple weeks. Regardless it is a fun little experiment and a good excuse to use some of my Old Spice, a perpetual favorite.

Shave 1 for November

Razor: Weck
Blade: Diane Shaper Blade (1)
Soap/cream: Stirling Bay Lime
Brush: Stirling Kong
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel cucumber
Aftershave2: Stirling Bay Lime

proxy.php

$7-zoom.jpg
Captain's Choice Bay Rum | Semogue 830 | Schick Canadian Injector | Schick Krona Blade | Gentleman John Alum | PC VIBR

Went for bay rum soap and aftershave today for a nice start to this theme. Great shave!

Top Bottom