What's new

Need a little help on new pomade recommendations

OK gents. I'm looking for a new pomade and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have been using Murray's for a few years but I've always had an issue with one thing about it. I have thick hair that I wear slicked back, but it never fails when the derby comes off I will always have a part straight down the middle. I've finally grown tired of it and am looking for something new. Any suggestions on a strong pomade that will hold my hair where I put it?

Perhaps Dax Wave and Groom is your best bet? Affordable, perfect for thick hair and The hold is very strong. Keeps every hair in place for me and my hair is thick as well.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, do you want to stick with oil based pomades or are you open to water based, too?

If waterbased is okay for your preference I like Layrite superhold and Crown Shaving's hippie killer. Of the two my preference is hippie killer as it holds strong but is less stiff once dry. Given what you're looking for, i.e. a hat not disrupting your hairstyle, maybe the harder once dry layrite would be better for you.

Murray's is good stuff. You might want to try DAX, or if you are particularly adventurous, Blue Magic Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner. This latter is basically just Vaseline with Coconut Oil, use enough of it and your hair isn't going anywhere for days.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm open to any suggestions.

For a Strong Hold with definition my favourite are:

Oil based: Murray's Superior Vintage and X-Tra Heavy, Sweet Georgia Brown Blue, DAX Wave and Groom and Hairgum Strong (this one is less discussed and less known, but it's a true French marvel and its performance is simply amazing for me).

Water based: Bona Fide Super Superior Hold, Suavecito Firme, Uppercut Deluxe and Dapper Dan Deluxe Pomade Medium Hold (this one is labelled as Medium, but actually is a Heavy Hold on a par with the ones just mentioned here).

Good luck and keep us updated!

I really like Rustin Strong Hold. It is easy to apply, washes out easy for an oil based and applies nicely without tugging. I also enjoy the scent. It can be a little bit of a pain to scoop out of the jar, but once you've broken through the top layer it's not that bad.

Wow!! I'm gonna need to get a pen and paper to write all these down. Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Hi JustGent, I would go with one of these fine pomades"

Dax Wave and Groom
Dax Green and Gold
Baxter of California Matt Clay
Uppercut Matt Clay
Murray's Superior Vintage
Voodoo Brew II
High Life Heavy
Murray' Xtra heavy

These are superb pomades in their own way. The only ones that are costly are the clays, but they're still great pomades.

I think I might try the Dax, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with a pomade collection next to my razor collection.[emoji38]

There are some pretty good suggestions here, I'm almost out too. I would also add Ruezel, it holds really well.

Top Bottom