What's new

Culmak butterscotch

This came through the post today
An absolute beauty

$20161013_125024[1].jpg$20161013_125047[1].jpg$20161013_125056[1].jpg

well its 22mm
so i wont skimp on this
a silvertip i think ?

Sounds good! Having never used badger I can't say as to how that would perform, but I'm sure it will look amazing! Please post a pic when you install the knot, and keep us posted!

May I please ask where you acquired the handle? It is a beauty!

That is really nice ...
and best of all, the Butterscotch is a real patina accumulated through age,
rather than a factory simulation.

That "spider" on the back and bottom might polish out,
but even if not, its still a beautiful handle.

My suggestion for a knot would be
to reproduce as close as possible
the original Culmak knot,
whatever that might be.

I have a handle almost identical to that and the original knot looked and felt like a very well used best badger. I replaced it with an Ace Shaving silvertop knot which looks pretty good.

Beautiful handle. Looks plenty deep too so you have some room to play with. Have fun and don't forget the post pics of the finished brush.

I like the "Spider" on the side and bottom, gives it character. I'd suggest going easy on any polishing as the Butterscotch patina may look uneven after.

I have a Culmak that has a huge knot of what looks like 2 band Best Badger, the tips are super white and soft. It's new in the box and I've never used it but I've been tempted. They made some great brushes.

Attachments

• $P3115077web.JPG
    $P3115077web.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 69
Personally I would have a difficult time not using that absolutely beautiful brush, but there are people on this forum that would have some strong words for you if you did.

Top Bottom