Not open for further replies.
Merkur 1904 open comb razor
generic DE blade
Maggards 22mm black synthetic brush
Tabac soap
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Stirling Soap Co. "Texas on Fire"
Ever-Ready 100T | TGN Finest
Gillette Pre-war Tech | Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Barrister and Mann "Roam" Tonique

proxy.php

SOTD 10/10/16

Soap: SV 70th anniversary
Brush: Simpson Persian Jar 3 Super Badger
Razor: ATT SE1 (Feather Pro)
Osma alum block
AS: SV 70th anniversary

$image.jpg

10th OCtober Shave

Today was a "How did that happen??" Shave, near perfect BBS without trying. Great Lather off the LaToja and the Wilkinson Sword did a smooth job... great combo with the OC. Couldn't be more pleased...

$1010162107~2~2.jpg

Razor: RR Old Type OC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
Brush: Stirling 26mm Finest
Soap: LaToja Shave Stick
AS: Witchhazel / Aqua Velva Ice Sport / Citrus ASB

I hope you have a good night Gentlemen. Wonderful pictures today from all.

Last edited:
10th OCtober Shave

Today was a "How did that happen??" Shave, near perfect BBS without trying. Great Lather off the LaToja and the Wilkinson Sword did a smooth job... great combo with the OC. Couldn't be more pleased...

Click here to view quoted image.

Razor: RR Old Type OC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
Brush: Stirling 26mm Finest
Soap: LaToja Shave Stick
AS: Witchhazel / Aqua Velva Ice Sport / Citrus ASB

I hope you have a good night Gentlemen. Wonderful pictures today from all.

Glad the shave went so well, JC. Looks like you have a real winning combination.

$IMG_3457.jpg

A chilly blue shave today!

Shave Secret
PAA Mentholated Ice Pre-Shave Soap
Chiseled Face Cryogen Soap
Perfecto Badger
Gillette 40s SS
Personna Blue Comfort Coated Blade
RazoRock Alum
Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
OCtober 10th...
Neutrogena Razor Defense
'30 NEW DeLuxe Chromium DeLuxe
Kai Stainless Steel (3)
B&M Leviathan
Razorock Monster
Alum
Thayer's Alcohol Free
B&M Leviathan A/S
proxy.php

What a way to start the week! A wealth of excellent photos and verbal posts have graced these pages today. Thanks for each one, gentlemen.

The variety of our SOTDs is extraordinary. Your creativity is endless.

@Vesalio - Like your flat alignment; gives a nice perspective.
@skypsyd - Another dramatic razor shot, Dave. Nice low key colors.
@ClaudioBP - Fine closeup. Love the extreme cropping.
@shm - A very refined shot, Søren.
@Sdm84 - Nicely sundued b&w, Owen. The brush is really interesting. How does it differ?
@Cash_Stronomer - A feast of autumn colors ... a great setting, an excellent picture.
@UngerWoo - I am intrigued by this soap. I have heard that Jabonman is excellent.
@gustof - Lovely grouping. Beautiful razor; snazzy brush.
@eezee - Quality array succinctly captured. I need to dig out my Jermyn Street Collection.
@mcdig - Excellent composition, Mark. The contrasting striping and dots add a striking background. Beautiful brush!
@cmh737 - The beige backround is perfect to enhance the colors, Chris. Love that Vie-Long handle.
@blzrfn - Nicely done, Dave. Love the way the cream color is set against an almost soft blackness.
@LoungeLizard - A manly shave, Larry. Two razors, Bay Rum, a Big Al splash resting atop leather -- hard to beat!
@CT23 - Welcome back, Chris. Very handsome photo. Love the rock pedestal and the background. Nice PantaRei.
@Jnatcat - Superb POV, Will. Nicely balanced razor. Like that a/s bottle.
@sarimento1 - Accomplished shot! Great vibrant yellow! Love the fading stripes in the background.
@doc47 - Beautiful shot, Dan. Nice light reflection.
@Rusty Blade - Good overhead closeup. Like your cropping.
@sandstone - The scarlet backdrop really promotes your elements, Phil. The subtle "folds" in the background add depth. Great looking Old Type.
@Loei - Nice angle to your shot. A "cool" looking shave.
@nemo - There's an antique quality to the photo, Doug.
@noahpictures - Like the two view points, which highlight detail on your blade.
@Smattayu - The color tones are good in this shot, Eric.
@DblD - Outstanding full frame shot. The Bulldog Old Type makes a fine looking razor.
@ram57 - A princely photo of a majestic setup! The Spoiler seems to be holding up quite well.
@Hanover - That is a delicious picture, Mark. Too bad the soap and a/s don't do well as edibles.
@120inna55 - Beautiful setting for a beautiful picture, Matt.
@Rxdude - Lovely soft focus b&w of a stately shave.
@Quink - Very pleasant tableau, JC. Nice bloom on the Stirling. Love your Aqua Velva bottle.
@CT23 - Another beauty, Chris! Great autumn colors. You caught the sunlight just right. Like the handle on the Simpson.
@Smooth Steve - Great blue tone to your photo. I'd say that was a super chilly shave ... and a good one.
@nikonNUTT - Excellent portrait of a shave! Beautiful razor and case.

I sincerely hope that everyone has had a fine day. Tomorrow brings another work day for most.

One of the best things about the morrow is that it will probably include a shave. If you are so inclined please try to have an exceptional shave ... and share with us.

Have a fine rest of your evening gents. Be seeing you!

Last edited:

What a way to start the week! A wealth of excellent photos and verbal posts have graced these pages today. Thanks for each one, gentlemen.

The variety of our SOTDs is extraordinary. Your creativity is endless.

@Rxdude - Lovely soft focus b&w of a stately shave.

I sincerely hope that everyone has had a fine day. Tomorrow brings another work day for most.

One of the best things about the morrow is that it will probably include a shave. If you are so inclined please try to have an exceptional shave ... and share with us.

Have a fine rest of your evening gents. Be seeing you!

thanks Ron. Was going to be a rare morning shave for me, but called off due to excessive snoozing. Glad you like the mug I use for soaking my brushes. That and the bowl are pieces my mom made in pottery class, one day I'll ask her to make a bowl with ridges!

thanks Ron. Was going to be a rare morning shave for me, but called off due to excessive snoozing. Glad you like the mug I use for soaking my brushes. That and the bowl are pieces my mom made in pottery class, one day I'll ask her to make a bowl with ridges!

That's neat! Great to have a mug/bowl that someone has made for you.

Thanks Ron. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shave. I have yet to get less than 18 shaves out of a spoiler. Great blade for me.

That sounds quite promising about the spoiler. I have some but have only used one once. Nice to know they are that good.

I’ve been doing a little speed shaving the last couple of days, which have been yielding some close, comfortable shaves (CCS).

$SOTD - 2016-10-10 - Original.jpg

After showering …

Pre-shave: Nope
Razor: 1961 Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fat Boy” (WTG = 5 & ATG = 5)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Nope
Soap / Cream: Cremo Cooling
Water: Cold
Alum Block: Nope
Post Shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe & Thayer’s
Aftershave Balm: Nope
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Groomatorium Summer Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom