What's new

Newbie in Salt Lake City....

Hi, my Name is Ken, and I'm looking for some one in the area who could let me know what sources of supplies we have here. They seem pretty slim in this area.

I would also appreciate it if someone could teach me all the techniques in person. (for Str8's)

I'm also looking for all the necessary equipment if anyone has anything for sale.
:biggrin:

Ken V

Ken, Welcome to B&B, we're glad your here...If you need some equipment, I may be able to help you out with razors and some blades to get you going. Just send me a pm....Enjoy!!!

Welcome!! You have come to the right place!!

Check out all the fine tutorials here, and by all means watch the entire series of Mantics videos on u-tube. A little homework and you will be shaving like a pro in no time!!!

Regards,

Welcome!
There's nothing much in the way of supplies here behind the Zion Curtain. Kind of depends on what you're looking for. I do know you can get some Crabtree & Evelyn stuff at the Tabula Raza at Trolley, but outside that...I mail order everything. Tell us what you're looking for and we can probably send you in the right direction--in this valley or not.
Your best bet for learning about using a straight is to hang out on B&B, read, and ask questions. The knowledge here is abundant, well-informed, and usually really funny. If you tried to imitate my straight razor technique, you'd run screaming (and probably hemorrhaging!) :eek:

Well I'm looking for the whole str8 set-up...

Razor of course. I'm willing to go to the 100.00 range.

Strop, and honing stones....

I already have a cheap brush and soap to start with, I'll upgrade later...

Ken V.

Ken, Welcome to B&B

Hopefully you can find someone nearby to help, but regardless check out this thread, also classicshaving.com and quite a few other vendors have Lynn Abrams DVD for sale I highly recommend it as well it covers everything, can't help you on vendors in your area but there are plenty of fine internet vendors who sell quality products in most cases cheaper even with shipping then the same or comparable products in a physical store, browse the site and you will see many recommended

Top Bottom