What's new

Ok, I love WET SHAVING PRODUCTS brushes, but who loves the soaps?

I purchased their brushes, but I keep hearing good reviews on the soap line. Any diehard users here?

$wsp_formula_t_collection_1024x1024.jpg

I enjoy my formula t. I should use it more!

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

I have Barbershop, Gaelic Tweed, and Tobacco in Formula T, and Black Amber Vannille and Fougere Noir in Rustic. They all smell and preform wonderfully.

Tobacco, how's that one smell?

I like it. It doesn't smell smokey, burnt, or cigar like at all. I've heard some describe it as a "cologney" tobacco smell or like the flower of the tobacco plant. To me it is an earthy herbal scent. I think I smell more of the bay leaf and fir with just a hint of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes. I honestly wouldn't have even tried it, but a local barber sells it and he has open examples for his shaves. He lets me take a whiff of any of them before buying, and I just kept going back to it. I liked it so much I went back and bought the matching beard oil, which I'm also very happy with.

I like it. It doesn't smell smokey, burnt, or cigar like at all. I've heard some describe it as a "cologney" tobacco smell or like the flower of the tobacco plant. To me it is an earthy herbal scent. I think I smell more of the bay leaf and fir with just a hint of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes. I honestly wouldn't have even tried it, but a local barber sells it and he has open examples for his shaves. He lets me take a whiff of any of them before buying, and I just kept going back to it. I liked it so much I went back and bought the matching beard oil, which I'm also very happy with.
Thanks for the review, it was really revealing. Now I know what a tobacco scent generally smells like.

My take: nice and slick, nice tallow performance and post-shave feel. But....I find the containers too small to swirl in, and the problem is compounded by the fact there's no vertical loading room, either; the puck's filled all the way up to the top. I did take my WSP Formula T soap out of its too-small tin and into a Maggard's clear plastic container and that took care of that. But, I feel there's too many great performing tallow soaps out there that come in a workable container to start to bother buying another WSP soap again.

I agree, though, OP: their brushes are great.

Just got in my WSP order. I had ordered dented tins of barbershop in formula T and Starbucks in rustic. Really nice scents and my quick test lather made me happy. As an FYI dents were minimal on the barbershop, not interfering with the lid opening or closing. The Starbucks I can't find the dent, looks in perfect shape. Nice to have them in screw top tins

I have the Formula T Tobacco. Really not much scent, I like tins but these are just way too small but
the soap performs great. If the presentation was better, be it a nicer tin or some other packaging type
I would try another scent, but there are so many other good soaps with better presentation out there.
With that said, I have the tobacco aftershave and love it. the scent really opens up and has a great face feel.

My take: nice and slick, nice tallow performance and post-shave feel. But....I find the containers too small to swirl in, and the problem is compounded by the fact there's no vertical loading room, either; the puck's filled all the way up to the top. I did take my WSP Formula T soap out of its too-small tin and into a Maggard's clear plastic container and that took care of that. But, I feel there's too many great performing tallow soaps out there that come in a workable container to start to bother buying another WSP soap again.

So the inconvenience factor ( too small container) trumps the performance of the soap?

Yes, one of the best brushes in the world. Either its not marketed right or is just underrated plain and simple.

Just got in my WSP order. I had ordered dented tins of barbershop in formula T and Starbucks in rustic. Really nice scents and my quick test lather made me happy. As an FYI dents were minimal on the barbershop, not interfering with the lid opening or closing. The Starbucks I can't find the dent, looks in perfect shape. Nice to have them in screw top tins
How did they get dented.?

I have the Formula T Tobacco. Really not much scent, I like tins but these are just way too small but
the soap performs great. If the presentation was better, be it a nicer tin or some other packaging type
I would try another scent, but there are so many other good soaps with better presentation out there.
With that said, I have the tobacco aftershave and love it. the scent really opens up and has a great face feel.
So can you honestly say that it's worth the inconvenience of the small tins in terms of actual soap performance ?

i love my WSP stuff, i have 3 soaps, an aftershave, the Earl, and plan on more. my favorite is fourege noir by a long shot. but the formula T mahogany is really nice.

WSP Rustic is based on Mdc and in.my opinion, the closest one so far..Texture and hardness is the same as Mdc. Very easy to load and lather looks the same as well. Even the post shave is the same, slightly dry but hardly matters in Singapore when you sweat 5.min after bathing. Scent strength is just right and does not overload the nose..Wonder why.forums do not.mention this as compared to other.artisans..

i love my WSP stuff, i have 3 soaps, an aftershave, the Earl, and plan on more. my favorite is fourege noir by a long shot. but the formula T mahogany is really nice.
I love them too.. such a higher end quality company that's underrated.

WSP Rustic is based on Mdc and in.my opinion, the closest one so far..Texture and hardness is the same as Mdc. Very easy to load and lather looks the same as well. Even the post shave is the same, slightly dry but hardly matters in Singapore when you sweat 5.min after bathing. Scent strength is just right and does not overload the nose..Wonder why.forums do not.mention this as compared to other.artisans..
That's my wonderment too, why isn't there more mention. Unbelievable prices and quality

Top Bottom