What's new

Ok, I love WET SHAVING PRODUCTS brushes, but who loves the soaps?

I have both the Rustic Shaving Soap (Lavender, and Tobacco), and Formula T (Sandalwood), and I have to say I am not sure which one I like better, they are both quite good. They are really good performing soaps especially when you consider the price IMHO.

I have both the Rustic Shaving Soap (Lavender, and Tobacco), and Formula T (Sandalwood), and I have to say I am not sure which one I like better, they are both quite good. They are really good performing soaps especially when you consider the price IMHO.
It's amazing how such a company can make good quality products at low prices

It's funny how the biggest complaint on the soaps is the size of the tin. I have no problems with them even when new and full. Just load the brush, lather on the skin, and wipe away what little bit may get on the outside before putting away. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.:001_rolle

I actually like the small container, it means I can fit more in the medicine cabinet.

Yea, the soap performs great. I'm about a year into the wet shaving experience and purchase products that are well
regarded on this site, and haven't really experienced a bad shave due to any soaps. It seems that all of the popular
artisan soaps perform well, or I'm just not experienced enough to know the difference. I can't tell you about respective
categories such as cushion, glide and such and the WSP small tins don't really bother me. But I do like nice presentation
when I'm spending 14-20 bucks on a soap or aftershave. Apparently, the artisan soap makers have increased in the last
couple of years, which gives the consumer a lot of choices.

Forgot the quote. Response to Alex2363

Last edited:
WSP Formula T Gaelic Tweed is one of my favorite soaps. I've found the performance to be top tier and greatly appreciate the scent strength. I didn't care for the container size(not a deal-breaker for me by any stretch), but the work around was easy. One of Maggard's PET jars was more than big enough to handle the Formula T, and the tin that the Formula T came in was the perfect size to grate a puck of Fine Accoutrements soap into.

One of my first soaps was WSP Rustic Sandalwood. I still like the scent, but their vegan formula dries my skin out.

+1. Rustic is very good and the formula T is a step above that. I also like the tobacco scent, although they have a lot of good scents.

Yea, the soap performs great. I'm about a year into the wet shaving experience and purchase products that are well
regarded on this site, and haven't really experienced a bad shave due to any soaps. It seems that all of the popular
artisan soaps perform well, or I'm just not experienced enough to know the difference. I can't tell you about respective
categories such as cushion, glide and such and the WSP small tins don't really bother me. But I do like nice presentation
when I'm spending 14-20 bucks on a soap or aftershave. Apparently, the artisan soap makers have increased in the last
couple of years, which gives the consumer a lot of choices.

Forgot the quote. Response to Alex2363

i find a good way to test cushion was to take lather, and close my fist around it, regular soap or shampoo has no cushion and puts up no resistance. shaving soap when lathered properly, slows the fist close, and extrudes out any space. glide is easy, make some lather and spread it on your arm, take a finger and wipe it off, it should be nice, slick and smooth.

i find a good way to test cushion was to take lather, and close my fist around it, regular soap or shampoo has no cushion and puts up no resistance. shaving soap when lathered properly, slows the fist close, and extrudes out any space. glide is easy, make some lather and spread it on your arm, take a finger and wipe it off, it should be nice, slick and smooth.
Thanks for that way to test. I need to keep that in mind. [emoji106]

I have WSP Barbershop rustic and Barbacool AS--both are excellent, and I suspect next time I order I'll try a Formula T. I'm working on using up some stocks, but I've tried so many soaps, that I've decided I'm going to continue to support my favorites at this point (WSP and Dr. Jons) rather than trying every new soap that comes out.

I have WSP Barbershop rustic and Barbacool AS--both are excellent, and I suspect next time I order I'll try a Formula T. I'm working on using up some stocks, but I've tried so many soaps, that I've decided I'm going to continue to support my favorites at this point (WSP and Dr. Jons) rather than trying every new soap that comes out.
Why those 2 in particular?

It's funny how the biggest complaint on the soaps is the size of the tin. I have no problems with them even when new and full. Just load the brush, lather on the skin, and wipe away what little bit may get on the outside before putting away. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.:001_rolle

I actually like the small container, it means I can fit more in the medicine cabinet.
Seems that such great product may be worth that extra effort,

Why those 2 in particular?

Three reasons--both provide excellent slickness and cushioning, are easy to lather even though I have hard water, and I like the scents. I think I could go for years never buying the same soaps or creams twice (which I have), but I decided it was time to primarily support makers of the products that have worked the best for me.

Top Bottom