What's new

Using copper razors

Hello, everyone, and thanks so much for all I've learned already.
I found a straight handled Tech for $2. Plating is gone, but it polished up to that shiny copper. Is there any way to protect it so it can be used, but stay looking good?
Thanks

You should be fine with the copper. Copper is germacidal, so it will actually kill germs just sitting on your counter. If used every day, a patina shouldn;t develop either.

just keep an eye on parts turning blue/green or blue/green gunk on the blades,

If people start calling you "Miss Liberty" at work, you're in for a face washing AND a razor cleaning.

Since it's something you bought "on the cheap" (and it's a nice shaving razor, btw!)...if the copper is somehow a concern to you, here's a tip from a musician (me) who sometimes has a brass instrument mouthpiece where the plating wears thin: you can clean it and apply a very THIN coating of clear nail polish over the non-plated spots.

Some folks develop allergies to brass or copper, and it can be a bit like a case of poison ivy on the face. The nail polish is a cheap and easy protective coating, and can easily be removed by...ready for this? NAIL POLISH REMOVER! Enjoy the Tech...it's a nice ride.

I've noticed that my copper NEW shows waterspots much more easily than my other razors. The solution: I dry it off after each use. All seems well otherwise.

Top Bottom