What's new

60 proof whiskey? What's the world coming to?

$IMG_3754.JPG

Not what the Dr. ordered. How do these people sleep at night?

Attachments

• $dr-mcgillicuddy-s-blackberry-flavored-whiskey-6.jpg
    $dr-mcgillicuddy-s-blackberry-flavored-whiskey-6.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 190
The flavored ones often seem to have a lower proof. I think they just take the good stuff, and then they add flavoring and often sugar.

I have made blackberry whisky in the past. Much the same as making sloe gin. Both are wonderful!

Soaking the fruit in the whisky does reduce the strength as the juice goes into the whisky.

Gareth

Dr McGillicuddys is more known for schnapps and liqueurs. (their original offering -- Mentholmint Schnapps -- is possibly the best mint schnapps on the planet.)
I see they now have a line of whiskeys -- blackberry, peach and honey. Are these actual flavored whiskeys that aren't too sweet, or are they just a whiskey-based liqueurs?

Dr McGillicuddys is more known for schnapps and liqueurs. (their original offering -- Mentholmint Schnapps -- is possibly the best mint schnapps on the planet.)
I see they now have a line of whiskeys -- blackberry, peach and honey. Are these actual flavored whiskeys that aren't too sweet, or are they just a whiskey-based liqueurs?

It's definitely a liqueur in my mind. It's flavored.

There are a bunch of "moonshine" flavored drinks around here that typically clock in at 45-60 proof. This is probably an attempt to get in on that market. Basically straight from the bottle cocktails.

Top Bottom