What's new

Over The Ear Phones For Gym Workout?

Gents, with my recent membership to a local gym, I realised rather quickly the earbud type phones I use to listen to the telly whilst using the elliptical trainer are not working so well. They tend to fall out a lot, the sound is not too good, and they pick up a lot of interference from the machine itself. I think its the magnetic field created by the magnetic resistance applied to the flywheel.

So, one man I work with goes there as well and I noticed he had some over the ear type phones and asked him about them. They are Blueant Pump models. Wired I assume. He said they stay put. Anyone tried them? I also thought about wireless but here's the rub. They are usually paired with your mobile devise or a dedicated media player, etc. I am using the 1/8" stereo out jack on the machine itself since they have the telly channels and their audio piped in. This lets me get the news or whatever else I am watching on the screens above the workout machines. How would make them work with an output like that? I am not against wired phones, just looking at options.

Earbuds falling out means either they're just the wrong shape for you ear or that you should invest $5 or so in replacement foam tips. Electrical interference just means you're using shoddy buds.

What earphones are you using now?

Currently I am using some version my daughter had. Some sort of soft plastic that seems to fit into the ear okay but doesn't like movement. I was thinking the ones that have the little hooks that go over the top of the ear sort of like a hearing aid may hold their position better. I also hope I did not convey that I was looking for a headphone set. Much too heavy and with perspiration would be very uncomfortable for me.

I am happy with beats audio but I am unsure if you are looking for a wireless headset. With the wireless, I have experienced no movement, good sound and they are comfortable. There is a variety of colors. Here is a stock photo.

Attachments

• $IMG_0117.JPG
    $IMG_0117.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 35
regular ear buds never stayed in my ears at the gym. I bought a cheap pair of over the ear buds and they work great. The buds themselves will still sometime come loose, requiring me to push them back in, but at least they don't fall off my ear.

regular ear buds never stayed in my ears at the gym. I bought a cheap pair of over the ear buds and they work great. The buds themselves will still sometime come loose, requiring me to push them back in, but at least they don't fall off my ear.

You usually can replace the rubber insert that goes in your ear. I would try larger ones if you have them. My headset came with a variety of sizes and I replaced the stock inserts with the largest size that was included.

Attachments

• $IMG_0118.jpg
    $IMG_0118.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 27
Thanks gents. More options for sure. As for the wireless, I am only concerned about adaptability. I mean, all the machines have a 1/8" mini phone jack. But they do not have bluetooth built in. So I was wondering if there was an adapter that plugged in to the jack and had a wireless adapter built into it to connect to your earbuds? I can only imagine how big and ungainly it would be. Wired will do but wireless would clean up the mess. And BTW, I moved two machines away and the interference stopped. Likely just a 'noisy' machine.

I am happy with beats audio but I am unsure if you are looking for a wireless headset. With the wireless, I have experienced no movement, good sound and they are comfortable. There is a variety of colors. Here is a stock photo.
I have that one.. he battery sucks

Top Bottom