What's new

October 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fall has arrived and winter is just around the corner. Time does fly but no matter which season it is something is awaiting to be found. And you can make the score.

When you find it, let us know. We all want to see and think ... it could be me.

Show the photos so we all can be thrilled by the find.

Local flea market find for 5eur. I am pleased with this score.

PAL British made

$IMG_20161006_175145.jpg

I found this while at an antique store. I paid $4.24 for it. From what I can tell it is a Rubberset, I'm not sure of the model. Did I get a good deal or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
proxy.php

These showed up today: a chrome RazoRock Hawk (with Tryablade.com Artist Club sample pack) and a Hess 2020 replaceable blade straight razor/shaper. I'm really excited about both of these!

-- Sammy

I think it's a great deal. It seems to be in good condition. The lettering is exceptional. Can you tell if the knot has been used? I have several vintage brushes that after a good wash and shampoo worked fine.

proxy.php

These showed up today: a chrome RazoRock Hawk (with Tryablade.com Artist Club sample pack) and a Hess 2020 replaceable blade straight razor/shaper. I'm really excited about both of these!

-- Sammy

They both look great, Sammy. Congrats.

Latest from Razorock and another razor to add to my Century Collection

$DSC01202.jpg

Both are single edge and both are awesome shavers.

I picked up this Ever Ready 1912 earlier this month at a local flea market.

Attachments

• $DSCF9428.jpg
    $DSCF9428.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 106
  • $DSCF9429.jpg
    $DSCF9429.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 107
  • $DSCF9430.jpg
    $DSCF9430.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 107
Thanks! I'm not sure why you would need to lock a used blade bank with a key, but it sure does complete the package nicely.

My question too, unless used blades were valuable in those days, or maybe to put something else in it. Great looking razor and case.

Finally arrived TODAY! Oh yeah, and the RX came too. ;-)

$DSC01204.jpg

[MENTION=56491]samlark[/MENTION] thanks for posting your pic. I been a big fan of the old Hess 1010 (got a total of four and modded three of them). Was sad to see them out of production and happy to see it come back as the 2020 which appears to be better built.

Can't wait to do a comparison between my Hawk and RX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom