What's new

Daltons

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Had to go to N.E. Oklahoma, so we decided to journey on up to Coffeyville, KS for the Dalton Defenders Days. Went to the museum, which I haven't been to in decades. Here's a few pics.; I'll upload some more to photobucket when I get home and post a link to that section.

Bob Dalton's Bulldog.

$IMG_0013.jpg

Bob Dalton's Colt from when he was a Deputy U.S. Marshal.

$IMG_0020.jpg

Bill Dalton's Colt from when he was killed in 1894.

$IMG_0021.jpg

Grat Dalton's rifle he carried during the bank robberies.

$IMG_0025.jpg

Ooops...Emmett Dalton had a boo-boo.

$IMG_0030.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The Condon Bank.

$IMG_0005.jpg

Bob and Emmett on the way to the First National Bank (a facade).

$IMG_0018.jpg

Grat Dalton, Bill Powers, and Dick Broadwell entering the Condon Bank.

$IMG_0021.jpg

The gun fight is on.

$IMG_0026.jpg

Death Alley.

$IMG_0081.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
A few of the many bullet holes in the bricks of the alley.

$IMG_0105.jpg

Interior of the Condon Bank.

$IMG_0064.jpg

$IMG_0065.jpg

$IMG_0066.jpg

$IMG_0067.jpg

Thanks for that post! I remember reading about this incident many years ago, and was always fascinated with it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Nothing real interesting…just a footnote. I was real close to Adair, Ok so I took a few pictures where the Dalton’s robbed a train in 1892.

http://www.lasr.net/travel/city.php...tractionCategory=&Attraction_ID=OK0306001a002

A little sign.

$IMG_0002.jpg

The bustling downtown Adair, I.T. I always thought it was neat when I was about 5 years old and Granddad, who had a farm about 10 miles from there, would take me to the store that has the Coca-Cola sign on it and let me go in all by myself and buy a soda. :001_smile

$IMG_0003.jpg

Looking north at the train tracks. There are no remnants of the old train station so I don't know exactly where it was located except that it was on the west side of the tracks next to town.

$IMG_0008.jpg

A look to the south at the tracks...that durn train station was around here somewhere.

$IMG_0012.jpg

Another shot of thriving downtown Adair, that is all of two blocks long.

$IMG_0014.jpg

Top Bottom