What's new

MLB 2016 Playoffs

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The Rangers are the king of comebacks this year. You could tell there was not going to be one today.

Hamels had grip problems due to sweat? Good lord that is one of the hottest ball parks around (I have lost some sweat there.) Cole pitched in that blazing heat all summer....I aint buying it.

Listening to the Jays-Rangers game (can't take the TBS coverage), and the Jays crew kept talking about the shadows on the infield seemingly messing up the Texas defence. Isn't this their home field, and they should be familiar with the quirks? This was early in the game, the first three or so innings when there was no score. Like the sweat excuse for Hamels, a guy I like, I can't buy the creeping shadow over the infield being a good reason for the Rangers this afternoon.Of course, the Rangers were up 2-0 last year before dropping the next two at home and coming back north for game five. The Jays leave Arlington tomorrow up 2-0, I'm still not holding my breath

Good game. Tip your hat to the Indians. Kept the heart of the Sox order from hurting them. Aggressive at the plate and on the bases. Pedroia went around on the 3-2 pitch, no question. Allen had them all fishing.

Sox better get into the Indian bull pen early tomorrow. Francona used up his bull pen tonight, to get the win. If they don't it's going to be a short series. Xander is lost at the plate.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
proxy.php

No grit on this Sox pitching staff. No Derick Lowe, no Pedro Martinez, no Jon Lester, no Curt Schilling, not even a John Lackey. These guys were competitive in big moments. Sox moved on from Jon Lester to just 5 guys and then to sign David Price as a #1? Price isn't the real deal. Doesn't have an out pitch. Never seen a pitcher get more 0-2 counts, only to loose them, and many times to the long ball.

Sox fans can root for the Indians and Cubs with plenty of Sox ties. Sox have plenty of young players for the future but the pitching staff is Miracle Whip soft.

The Rangers are the king of comebacks this year. You could tell there was not going to be one today.

Hamels had grip problems due to sweat? Good lord that is one of the hottest ball parks around (I have lost some sweat there.) Cole pitched in that blazing heat all summer....I aint buying it.

looks like a rangers choke about to happen again.

oh well, at this point we are used to it i guess.

I love Francona. Never would have won in '04 without him. He'll always be revered in Boston.

No grit on this Sox pitching staff. No Derick Lowe, no Pedro Martinez, no Jon Lester, no Curt Schilling, not even a John Lackey. These guys were competitive in big moments. Sox moved on from Jon Lester to just 5 guys and then to sign David Price as a #1? Price isn't the real deal. Doesn't have an out pitch. Never seen a pitcher get more 0-2 counts, only to loose them, and many times to the long ball.

Sox fans can root for the Indians and Cubs with plenty of Sox ties. Sox have plenty of young players for the future but the pitching staff is Miracle Whip soft.

I agree, their current pitching staff does not compare to years past. I'm not ready to root for the Indians yet!

Cubs look great! Average punch in the outfield, light hitting catchers but the rest of their line up looks great. Pitching A++. Looking forward to the Arietta-Bumgarner match up.

WHAT wild end to the Jays/Rangers series! I'm all for second chances, and Matt Bush seems to have made the most of his with a great regular season and sensational postseason. Will be interesting to see where he goes from here. And love 'em or hate 'em, the Jays are sure entertaining (or antagonizing).

Settling in for the Sox game. Pitching has been giving Cleveland too much to hit, and batters have been chasing out of the zone, especially early in the count. So frustrating watching the last two innings of game 1. Take a strike?

Only one question: Why Pomeranz?
Bit better discipline at the plate tonight, but a fun season ends.

Congrats to Cleveland. Couple of teams who've waited a long time left in Cleveland and Chicago. Wouldn't hate to see one of them take it.

Top Bottom