What's new

Tobacquisitions - October 2016

Backordered tins of Seattle Pipe Club's Rainer Levant blend arrived.

proxy.php

Dude....

Absolutely amazing. Is this a true cavalier or a faux? Either way it's hella cool!

It is an actual functioning cavalier. I've had an eye on Nate King's work for a while - he does some really off-the-wall stuff, but he also does quirky little jobs like this that are just unique. Usually a bit out of my price range, but this one popped up on the update the day the 15% off started, so it was a great deal, and it was barely smoked.

$Autograph4.jpg
Estate off the bay: Savinelli Autograph 4

$baccy1.jpg
Some tobacco's to start the cellar, and Eileen's Dream for the wife.

A couple more estates and tobaccos coming soon!!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A couple of nice estate pipes. First up is a Stanwell Silhouette bent billiard, to add to my collection of these amazing and undervalued pipes. And thats real ivory on the stem.

proxy.php

Next up is a sweet Rad Davis blasted bent Dublin sitter. Smoked great like all of Rad's pipes and amazingly lightweight.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A couple of nice estate pipes. First up is a Stanwell Silhouette bent billiard, to add to my collection of these amazing and undervalued pipes. And thats real ivory on the stem.

proxy.php

I need to get a few more Stanwell's into the collection as well. The 1 I have is very much a great pipe. Time to go check the available selections I think. lol Awesome pickups there!

Next up is a sweet Rad Davis blasted bent Dublin sitter. Smoked great like all of Rad's pipes and amazingly lightweight.
Dude...

A Kiseru...apparently a traditional Japanese tobacco pipe. Now I just need to find an appropriate tobacco for it...

$Kiseru.jpg

A Kiseru...apparently a traditional Japanese tobacco pipe. Now I just need to find an appropriate tobacco for it...

View attachment 696210

Sadly, I don't believe that you can get the authentic tobacco outside of Japan. Your best bet is to try finding an extremely thin cut tobacco (think shag cut).

Off the top of my head? Try getting on the waitlist for Tabac Manil's Le Petit Robin - http://thepipeguys.com/product/tabac-manil-le-petit-robin/

You can hunt down some Gawith, Hoggarth & Co's Dark Bird's Eye or try their Dark Kentucky. Then there's the Esoterica shag tobaccos: And So to Bed, Margate, Pembroke, and Tilbury.

There's a lot more shag cuts that I'm blanking on at the moment, but maybe someone else can chime in.

Sadly, I don't believe that you can get the authentic tobacco outside of Japan. Your best bet is to try finding an extremely thin cut tobacco (think shag cut).

Off the top of my head? Try getting on the waitlist for Tabac Manil's Le Petit Robin - http://thepipeguys.com/product/tabac-manil-le-petit-robin/

You can hunt down some Gawith, Hoggarth & Co's Dark Bird's Eye or try their Dark Kentucky. Then there's the Esoterica shag tobaccos: And So to Bed, Margate, Pembroke, and Tilbury.

There's a lot more shag cuts that I'm blanking on at the moment, but maybe someone else can chime in.
Manil was the first thing I thought of as well. It's cut very fine, and it's dry so it packs quite well and still stays lit easily.

Top Bottom