What's new

Nib Acquisitions: October 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
After seeing all the fun that [MENTION=44809]Radium[/MENTION] had with inks this month, I figured I'd pull the trigger on a few from a Columbus Day sale.
$IMG_20161014_150508389.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Received a Franklin-Christoph 2 pen case today. Just a touch darker than by B&B leather journal cover, holds 2 pens nicely, and was inexpensive. Pretty pleased with it.

proxy.php

[MENTION=92596]Claudel Xerxes[/MENTION] , Congratulations on your nice new inks and they look great! I`m a fan on the Diamine Shimmering inks and I usually use the "Night Sky" one to add a bit of pizzazz to my letters or cards. A side note I am working a deal with my usual Japanese/Asian pen store for a better price for some Sailor Jentle inks and we will see how it goes?! Enjoy your fine ink score Erik!

Received a Franklin-Christoph 2 pen case today. Just a touch darker than by B&B leather journal cover, holds 2 pens nicely, and was inexpensive. Pretty pleased with it.

proxy.php

Nice! Enjoy your new 2 pen case. I`m eyeing that Pelikan 3 pen case one but I need to hint Santa on it.:lol:

Last edited:
Got a 3.5x5.5 leather cover for Field Notes size books from Davis Leather. I'm a little surprised the cover isn't as "finished" as I had expected. It's certainly nice, and for pocket carry it doesn't need to be pretty but there's a smear or patch where the dye is off and the edges look rough with little leather tufts hanging off. I have absolutely no experience with these covers so I have no way of knowing if it's the norm or not.
Anyway, now I need to source some inexpensive 3.5x5.5 books for it. They don't have to be FP friendly as I use ballpoint or rollerballs at work. Any ideas? Anything cheaper than Field Notes and Cahiers?
$1477258730175391484564.jpg

A couple more "wild" finds.

proxy.php

Gray/silver Esterbrook J, and a W A Sheaffer BCHR??? I had a spare sac for the Esty, so it's up and writing. The sac for the Sheaffer, is on order.

Last edited:
Been looking for an EDC case for a while now. When I saw the new coffee/amethyst colorway of the Nock Sinclair, I knew I had found the one. Absolutely beautiful colors and extremely practical to throw in my backpack during each day's commute.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Scored in the Sue Moore Auction!

Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne w SF nib with two Iroshizuku sampler packs. Inked the pen w yamo-budo.

proxy.php

Just back from a three-week visit to my father-in-law in Switzerland. I didn't come back with any new pens but I did pick up a couple bottles of ink from the Landolt-Arbenz pen/stationery shop in Zurich.

Montblanc Permanent Blue
Montblanc "William Shakespeare" Velvet Red (limited edition)

Both are very nice inks (but a bit pricey). I'll try to throw together some writing samples soon.

Unrelated, but I did come back with plenty of aftershaves (Speick, Swiss Pitralon) and shaving sticks (Palmolive, Speick).

Was the Swiss Pitralon also pricey over there? Just curious.

One of these days ... ah, Switzerland!
Just the opposite. You can pick it up in the drug stores or supermarkets for around 8 or 9 Swiss Francs (about the same as a US dollar). Big bottle, also...I think it's 150 ml. One of my all-time favorites. I try to keep 3 or 4 bottles in stock at all times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom