What's new

What's your favourite vintage and modern DE?

My favourite vintage DE is a Gillette Fat Handle Tech. (Closest thing to shaving perfection)
My favourite modern DE is a Merkur 23c.

What are your favourite Vintage and modern DE razors?

Vintage: Gillette Super Adjustable.
Modern: Mühle R106.

Runners-up: Gillette Slim, Merkur 39C, Perfecto Long Handle, YUMA.
Also have a 41C. Nice for novelty but never committed a lot of time to redeveloping technique for its use.

Gillette NEW long comb

Rockwell S6

However, I never use the NEW any more and I'm looking for something more aggressive to replace the Rockwell. I never use anything but plate 6, and now that's too mild for me. More blade!

I have 7 or 8 vintage Gillette TTOs. I hesitate to pick a favorite. I love them all so much. I would have to put my '48-'50 NDC Super Speed up there though. The B4 Red Tip is great too.

Modern? Hmm, I haven't tried anything except an EJ D86 ( which I gave away) and my RR German 37 ( which I love). So while I have to say currently it is the German 37, I have a feeling if I tried a Wunderbar or a Timeless or an ATT that would probably change.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ashamed to admit my only vintage razors are SE, but I LOVE my newish Razorock 37 slant. Just used it, literally half an hour ago. You'd have to TRY to cut yourself with it. BBS almost every time!

Vintage DE; Gillette OLD type.

Vintage SE; 1924 Ever Ready

Modern DE; Fatip Piccolo

Modern SE; Not gonna happen!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Must be a UK guy, they also have colour, and aluminium.
My wife the English teacher tells me Teddy Roosevelt did away with the extra vowels because he was a lousy speller, like me. Don't know if it's true, but it's a good story anyway.

Favourite vintage : Severodonetsk-1 Adjustable
Soviet era clone of the Gillette Fatboy made in Ukraine
It's fun to shave with, built like a tank, and to the best of my knowledge............
I'm the only member of B&B who owns one !!
$20160828_092726.jpg

Favourite modern : Acevivi Dual-Comb
I've never had a bad shave with it, it looks cool and it's living proof that the Chinese can make a high end razor for only €10 with free shipping to Spain
View attachment 692456

My favourite vintage would have to be my Gillette Aristocrat 1934, which is well balanced, aggressive enough to give a great shave without requiring too much concentration and looks stunning. My English Gillette New RFB would be a very close second.

The top modern would be the Rockwell 6S, which I think is just a great design with no real faults.

Top Bottom