What's new

I got a Schick B1 today

I got this today, and the seller has stated that it was jammed, so i got it for a decent price. sure enough it was stuck good, but looked mostly ok besides that. I used a paper clip to get in there and disengage the caught spring, and finally go it all apart to see what its status was.
$20160929_181046.jpg
the spring looks ok, and still has a lot of force. there was a little rust where it contacted the side.
$20160929_181110.jpg
the remains of the blade holder were a mess, a total loss. had not seen one like this that only had one side. i assume the other side was cut or broken off previously.
$20160929_181057.jpg
Col. Schick got the idea for the design of these razors form guns used in WW!, so it is only fitting that i got out some of the gun cleaning stuff to get it all cleaned and oiled inside.
$20160929_181229.jpg

after getting it all oiled and cleaned up,
$20160929_181444.jpg
i loaded it up with some of the NOS blades i got recently, i followed some instructions i found copied on B&B and did not remove the retaining clip on the blades, just pushed them in through the handle as best i could, then used the spring to put some pressure just on the blade carrier. the whole blade tray just popped into the handle and the clip fell off. then i slipped the spring under the blades and it all snapped into place. i worked the action and the blade slid right into place.

$20160929_212156.jpg
here is a picture of the whole setup. the case is quite worn, but the razor looks pretty good. over all it looks like it will be a good usable Type B Schick repeating razor. i had to give it a little try, and put some shaver's secrete on my cheeks and tested things out. it felt and worked well.

Top Bottom