What's new

More samples on the way

I think I'm becoming addicted to aftershaves. After ordering a bunch of Stirling samples a few weeks back, I just ordered more from Maggard.

Here's what I have coming.

Floid Vigoroso
Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus
Fine L'Orange, Plantinum, and Green Vetiver
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber, Sherlock, and Summer Storm
Mickey Lee - The Kracken

I'll let you know what I think of them.

Well, they ought to keep you busy for awhile. How many times do you use each one before deciding whether or not you like them?

Well, they ought to keep you busy for awhile. How many times do you use each one before deciding whether or not you like them?

A lot of times I don't have to use them at all to know that I won't like them. If I can't stand the smell, I won't use it. But I have to be a little careful with that because what I've found is that some scents transform considerably from their out of bottle smell to something very different after you have them on for a few minutes. Stirling's Ben Franklin and Gatlinburg are probably the biggest changers that I have. Many scents have the same scent from out of bottle until they are completely faded away.

So to answer your question, it depends. Some I like right away, others have grown on me over time.

The samples came in the mail today. There are some serious winners out of this group, and few duds. I'll give you my thoughts on them in a week or so.

Top Bottom