What's new

How would you describe your hair type? Are you happy with it ?

I have been complaining about my hair since… .well.. My whole life. I mean this goes way way back. There is a picture of me at tue ripe old age of 3 sitting on a potty chair with a barrette in my hair (the family loves to mock me about this one still). I have always had very very straight hair that grows straight out of my scalp. I seem to have to keep it very short (read buzzed) or long enough that it will finally fall over under it's own weight (think of a tape measure that has been pulled out too far). Add to this that it is thinning as I'm getting older. Not as in less hair (though the forehead is getting bigger) but as in the actual hair size it reducing in diameter.

I should be happy that I have hair. My grandfather was completely bald by 25 but still it hate my hair!

How about you? What type of hair do you have? Do you like it? Are you one of the lucky ones that have curl in your hair?
@skypsyd

Last edited:
Thank's to my ancestors, I am happy with mine.

I will be 60 next April and I still have a full head of rather thick hair albeit of silver color.

No curl to it, just thick and as my barber describes my haircut, traditional "Business Man" style.

BTW, my Grandpa died at the young age of 87 without so much as the beginnings of a bald spot!

Gone.

Much happier watching it being washed down the drain than worrying about what it looks like.:wink2:

I hate my curly blond hair, which is why I use pomade. With the help of pomade, I've turned from a text book nerd to a person with movie star looks. Seriously, pomade has turned my life around and made me irresistible to women. There are many other people that would be improved with pomade, but they don't know about it or they're afraid to use it. That's sad because it would improve their looks in most cases.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I'm an old person and I have hair.

Some women are after me, but they are too old or too fat.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Mine is like this:

$Hair.jpg

Thick, wavy, and darn near with a mind of its own. It doesn't grow down; it grows out. It used to drive me up the wall, but I've since just embraced the madness that I have sitting on my head. It's actually easy to deal with (wash, towel dry, brush), but I absolutely need a haircut about every three weeks, or it starts going like this:

$Me and Jimi (2).jpg

I've cut my hair high and tight for the past 20 years. Thinning out up top, but I don't care too awful much about it. These things happen.

Mine started to thin out up front when I hit 37-38. I started getting gray at my temples. A friend of mine gave me his clippers without a guard and I have been buzzing it as close as possible every couple days for the last 8 years. I can't believe how much I love not dealing with hair.

Thin, receding. Been losing it since I was about 17, slow and gradual torture to say the least. Also had thoughts about just buzzing it all off.

Top Bottom