What's new

Fine does it again

I came across a post last week where a member got a complement on his scent (Fine L'Orange Noir) from his female coworker. I was happy for him but a bit bummed since that hasn't happened to me.

I went with Fine American Blend today and felt I put on a bit too much. Later in the morning, a female coworker stopped dead in her tracks as she passed my cube. She looked at me and the guy across the aisle from me and asked "What's that smell?!? Whose cologne is that?!? I immediately got worried that I was the one and she didn't like it. She sniffed the guy across from me, then moved over to me. "What is that scent!?!" she asked me. "I love that smell." So I educated her and she asked for a link. She said she will use it as an air freshener in the house even if her husband decides to not wear it :lol:. I told her about L'Orange Noir, promised to wear it next week so she can have a sniff and provided her with links to Maggard Razors so she can order what she wants and maybe get a variety of samples.

Oh yeah, I asked her how her husband feels about shaving. "He shaves once per week and hates it.". So, I gave her a brief into about the DE world and sent her a text file with helpful links (B&B being one of them) that I created for friends/family that express an interest in learning more. Hope to have another convert.

Excellent! I was the member that got a compliment on the L'Orange Noir. It seems Fine really knows how to make manly scents that the women love. Nice job on trying to make another convert as well.

Is the Fine Barbershop a take on YSL pour homme? I believe [MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] will know the answer.

BTW - I love L'Orange Noir (Terres d'Hermes), Fresh Vetiver (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver), Green Vetiver (Guerlain Vetiver) and know Fine Platinum is their take on Creed Adventus

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Since shaving has been my hobby for 5 years now, the only aftershave my wife notice was Fine American Blend. She loves it.

Is the Fine Barbershop a take on YSL pour homme? I believe @skypsyd will know the answer.

BTW - I love L'Orange Noir (Terres d'Hermes), Fresh Vetiver (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver), Green Vetiver (Guerlain Vetiver) and know Fine Platinum is their take on Creed Adventus

The Fine American Blend is a well-done knock-off of YSL Rive Gauche. I have both, and regret to admit I like the Fine better.

Awesome! I get complimented quite often on Fine products. I also find that they last longer than any AS I have tried and actually last longer than some colognes. Fine American Blend is my favorite (and my wife's) with L'Orange Noir and Santal Absolut close seconds.

Is the Fine Barbershop a take on YSL pour homme? I believe @skypsyd will know the answer.

indeed it is, however it is a Hommage to the TSL Rive Gauche pour Homme of the 2003 They still produce Rive Gauche, however it is a completely reformulated version. This is the one the fine products are fashioned after

View attachment 692260

If you can find it, Buy it, wonderful stuff and the Fine products are spot on

indeed it is, however it is a Hommage to the TSL Rive Gauche pour Homme of the 2003 They still produce Rive Gauche, however it is a completely reformulated version. This is the one the fine products are fashioned after

View attachment 692260

If you can find it, Buy it, wonderful stuff and the Fine products are spot on
Thank you Dave!

Excellent! I was the member that got a compliment on the L'Orange Noir. It seems Fine really knows how to make manly scents that the women love. Nice job on trying to make another convert as well.

I came across your post again right after creating this one. Thanks. I'm on a Conversion Crusade.

Awesome! I get complimented quite often on Fine products. I also find that they last longer than any AS I have tried and actually last longer than some colognes. Fine American Blend is my favorite (and my wife's) with L'Orange Noir and Santal Absolut close seconds.

Yup, excellent staying power! I'm glad your wife likes it as well. That would stink (pun not intended) if you two were on opposite ends of those scents.

My first impression when using a sample of AB was "definitely not a buy". I'm glad that I gave it another shot. I think I need to try the others as well (already have L'Orange Noir).

Yup, excellent staying power! I'm glad your wife likes it as well. That would stink (pun not intended) if you two were on opposite ends of those scents.

My first impression when using a sample of AB was "definitely not a buy". I'm glad that I gave it another shot. I think I need to try the others as well (already have L'Orange Noir).

The funny thing is with the Fine products is that I don't get the full experience with just a sample. For some reason the little spray doesn't do it justice. I need a full on pour into hand and splash onto face to get the full effect.

The funny thing is with the Fine products is that I don't get the full experience with just a sample. For some reason the little spray doesn't do it justice. I need a full on pour into hand and splash onto face to get the full effect.

Interesting. I'm still using the spray sample. I wont stop grinning if the full size bottle improves the experience and scent.

I went and bought L'Orange Noir based upon the above compliment. I used it this morning and my initial reaction to the smell, never having smelled it before, was that it seemed a little overpowering and harsh. But the harshness quickly wore away and I'm beginning to like the lingering scent. I'll need to use it for a bit to really get a feel for whether I like it a lot or not.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And a couple drops of glycerin helps the Fine aftershaves moisturize; gives it that aftershave face feel.

hm, now I don't "need" a Rive Gauche sample- American Blend's in the house already.

AA

Did you ask how SHE feels about shaving? Women can be converted to DE as well. We have a few women on the forum and could always use a few more!

I didn't. I have brought up the topic with other women in the past and I always feel like I'm crossing a line when talking about them shaving their legs. Maybe it was their reaction, maybe I'm getting too PC. Whatever it is, I try to be cautious when speaking to women at work.

Top Bottom