What's new

OK, is Carson Wentz real or what?

5 time national championships at North Dakota state.and now he may be rookie of the year and take the Eagles to the Super Bowl. ...is this real or maybe just wishful thinking :001_cool:
$images.jpg$588633412-tampa-bay-buccaneers-v-philadelphia-eagles-850x560.jpg$carson-wentz-nfl-combine.jpg

He sure looked like the real deal against my Bears. Of course any decent QB would torch them, sadly.

It'll be interesting to see how he fares as the season goes on, and once teams have more video of his tendencies.

I have been following him since I picked the college I want to go to and he keeps surprising me still

I think ND State is on its way into the Big 12 :laugh: but Wentz sure seems like the real deal. He's got the physical tools, full control of the playbook from day 1, and he's a positive in the locker room. He's already taken a beating though, he's got to avoid those big hits!

He's certainly lighting up the league right now. Consistency is the key, and rookie QBs sometimes hit a wall. I am confident that the Steelers secondary believe in his talent.

I think ND State is on its way into the Big 12 :laugh: but Wentz sure seems like the real deal. He's got the physical tools, full control of the playbook from day 1, and he's a positive in the locker room. He's already taken a beating though, he's got to avoid those big hits!
It's said that unlike Vick or RG3, Carson can take instruction and approach things differently. No more trying for an extra yard by running back from the sideline. No head first dives (something Vick did all the time).
If the OLine can stop him from getting splatted we're in for a good season.

I'm not surprised he's succeeding, although a bit at the degree. Whatever happens it's pretty impressive. And by that I mean all this crop of crazy successful rookies are likely to have a bad game at some point, maybe really bad. But they all seem to move on quite well from anything that goes bad. We'll see...

Good footwork, good balance, good throwing mechanics, good arm, good accuracy and throws from a pretty compact base unlike some of the taller QB's . What's not to like. Great game plan. A lot of quick slants, short passes to the backs and screens. He made good decisions and they mixed in just enough long passes to keep the Steelers honest. When the Steeler did get pressure he rolled out and made accurate throws on the run.

Can't figure out the Steeler defense. They didn't jam receivers at the line-ever. If you look at the recap they played 10 yards of the WR the whole game giving them a free run down the field. Rookie Artie Burns didn't have a very good game. He missed some critical stops which resulted in key first downs.

I'm biased because I am an Eagles fan but I do believe he is the real deal and could potentially be a top 3 QB in the league. He has the physical tools, great accuracy, exceptional pocket mobility, has already been entrusted to read defenses and audible at the line. I firmly believe Doug Peterson has him running their full complement of plays already because at ND State they ran a pro style offense very similar to what he's running now. He did take some unnecessary hits in the first two weeks but there was a play in the Steelers game where he was able to secure the 1st down and he got out of bounds avoiding a hit that in week 1 or 2 he would have probably tried to stay in bounds for more yards. That shows me that he is learning quickly and trying to balance his instincts with what is best for the team (him staying healthy).

I think ROY is very possible, SuperBowl this season is definitely wishful thinking. He has the makings of a star and the defense has improved a lot but this team still has a number of holes. Assuming Howie makes all the right decisions via draft and free agency next year they could be set up to contend but more likely 2 years.

Last edited:
He sure looked like the real deal against my Bears. Of course any decent QB would torch them, sadly.

It'll be interesting to see how he fares as the season goes on, and once teams have more video of his tendencie
s.
That's when aunthencenty and skill would prevail.... fingers crossed for the Eagles fans sake

Top Bottom