What's new

Golddachs Safety Razors?

Anyone ever heard of Golddachs safety razors? They purport to be made in Solingen, Germany of C45 German stainless steel and are showing up on Amazon at interesting prices. If they're Chinese zamak knock-offs, they're being pretty aggressive with their misrepresentations.

It appears to be a Weishi razor, and I am sure that it is not made of stainless steel. I don't know of any TTO that is and especially when one of the reviewers noted that there wasn't anything stamped on the razor. Get a real Weishi instead and save the money.

My son loves his Weishi TTO razor. Its a very well made TTO razor.:thumbup1: The razor blade fits in evenly every time. I tried it a few times & it gives a mild nice shave. If you want a TTO razor its hard to go wrong with a real Weishi.

Yeah, but I paid about $10 for my Weishi.

You know what? I think I'm going to take one for the team. I'll lay out the $27, take the Amazon Prime free shipping and take a look at this razor. I'll compare it to my Weishi TTO and give it my magnet test. If this "Golddachs" turns out to be identical to the Weishi and fails the magnet test, I'll decide whether to send it back to Amazon or just put it in my guest bathroom. I'll report back here with the results.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
...and give it my magnet test. If this "Golddachs" turns out to be identical to the Weishi and fails the magnet test, I'll decide whether to send it back to Amazon or just put it in my guest bathroom. I'll report back here with the results.

Keep in mind that many stainless steels are not magnetic so I'm not sure what that test would prove.

Hmmm. Didn't know that. Thanks. Well, I guess that leaves me my gram-sensitive kitchen scale and the eyeball test to see if it's identical to my Weishi TTO.

Also realize that stainless steel is never chrome plated. Better $30 TTO razors to spend your money on.

Top Bottom