What's new

~ Proraso Green soap VS Palmolive Shaving Stick ~

Proraso Green soap OR Palmolive Shaving Stick

• Proraso Green soap

• Palmolive Shaving Stick

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you had the option to choose only one option, what would you choose?

Proraso Green

proxy.php

Palmolive Shaving Stick

proxy.php

I think that they're both pretty much on a par with each other, so I'd have to go with the Palmolive Stick purely on price. Just £0.49 in UK supermarket Asda.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My vote goes to Palmolive, but only with a very slight margin. I also must add that my favourite Proraso Green is the shaving cream in the metal tube, not the soft soap in the plastic jar.

My vote goes to Palmolive, but only with a very slight margin. I also must add that my favourite Proraso Green is the shaving cream in the metal tube, not the soft soap in the plastic jar.

Marco, why do you prefer the Proraso cream to the soap? latherability or slickness? or both?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, why do you prefer the Proraso cream to the soap? latherability or slickness? or both?

Ron, the cream and the soap are EXACTLY the same product with a different consistency (as confirmed by the Ludovico Martelli company manufacturer of the Proraso products, hence it's not an opinion).

The only reason why I personally prefer the cream over the soap is that the cream is what I've always seen here in the traditional Italian barbershops and what has been the favoured choice of the experienced Italian shavers. The metal tube is definitely Old School and brings my mind back to the roots of the wet shaving art.

Ron, the cream and the soap are EXACTLY the same product with a different consistency (as confirmed by the Ludovico Martelli company manufacturer of the Proraso products, hence it's not an opinion).

The only reason why I personally prefer the cream over the soap is that the cream is what I've always seen here in the traditional Italian barbershops and what has been the favoured choice of the experienced Italian shavers. The metal tube is definitely Old School and brings my mind back to the roots of the wet shaving art.
so you prefer the Proraso Shaving Cream over the Proraso shaving soap ???

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
And if I ask you what you would prefer: Proraso shaving Cream or Palmolive Shaving Stick ???

My heart says Proraso cream, my head says Palmolive. I'd probably need to flip a coin... But seriously, one of the beauties of wet shaving is the possibility to have many products available at the same time and nobody really can force you to decide between two or selecting only one. Try as many soaps and creams as you can, choose those you love and stick with them.

Easy for me: Palmolive is the clear winner. I find little to like in the Proraso croaps, whereas Palmolive delivers on performance, price, post-shave feel, perfume, and probably other things beginning with "p" that I can't think of.

Proraso croap even though I agree with Marco that the cream is better. I love the scent much more than Palmolive stick.

Palmolive.

As I just discarded my last tubs and tubes of Proraso and still have plenty of Palmolive sticks and
creams, my vote is clear.

I just don't seem to care for Proraso.
Like almost everyone, I went through a Proraso phase early on in my shaving career, and even picked up a few more last year in Italy, but they just sat on my shelf as I never reached for them.
It was just time to the free the space on the shelf.

B.

Palmolive for me. The only Proraso I have left is the Blue tube. Tried them all, but never really cared for them.

Proraso Green and Palmolive stick cannot be compared. And the reason is that Palmolive stick has tallow in its composition so it starts with an advantage. BUT the package of Palmolive and because it is a stick is terrible. If it had a bowl definitely it would be the winner.So I will go with Proraso Green. I just bought it yesterday for 3,50 euros. Excellent package, incredibly good lather,better product and feel than my Proraso Blue cream. The best of all is that here in Greece is like I open the air-condition in my bathroom when I use Proraso Green. Of course I have better soaps from Proraso and with it, is difficult to ATG. But the real winner is the Green Hornet.

I love shave sticks. They are fool-proof shaving for me.

The tub Proraso is okay, but I do not find it as slick as I like my shaving products to be. Palmolive is top-shelf stuff.

Rub the stick into your beard. Use a damp brush and work the lather up. Add water as needed. There is no better way to shave, IMHO.

Top Bottom