What's new

Traveler reveals how far wearing an expensive WATCH can get you

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Esswun:
Interesting article...'playing-the-P-funk' with a rented watch (way to rich for my blood to rent per month). :w00t:

By the same token, one could buy a 'fake' Rolex and ride high for 'penny's-on-the-dollar'. :001_rolle

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"A person with one watch knows what time it is; a person with two watches is never quite sure". Lee Segall[/FONT]

Interesting article indeed. In the right circles I can see the advantage but in a lot of places it can be an invitation to disaster. It depends where your travels take you.

Bob

Isn't it funny how people of wealth and/or fame get many free things when they do not need them. The poorer folks who could use freebies are looked at with derision and given nothing but contempt. Funny how our culture is so money centric.

I wonder if they'll do a bulk-hire package deal if you want to hire 7 different watches so you can turn up to business meetings with a different high end watch every day and eat in a fancy restaurant with a different watch every night !!

Ironic, but if you wear a genuine top of the range Rolex in Magalluf, Mallorca nobody will take a blind bit of notice - they'll assume you're wearing a cheap fake that you bought off one of the "Looky Looky Men" who come over from Senegal every year, year in year out to sell laser pointers and cheap fake watches and sunglasses.

You could also leave a wallet full of cash on a bench and nobody will touch it - they'll assume it's empty because there are groups of Nigerian "Sex Robbers" who solicit drunken tourists with promoises of cheap sex, just so they can pick their pockets !!

I must confess. This is why I got into wet shaving, to be around you guys. Further proof that the hardware you sport is the key to entry. :tongue_sm

That seems like a ridiculous puff piece thinly disguising an ad for the watch rental company.

Clearly everyone knows that the gold apple watch is the highest form of wealth display :p

I had a hard time believing this story too. The average hotel clerk or airline desk clerk that I meet has no idea of what a Bell & Ross is....and they don't go out of their way to look. Maybe things are different in Europe.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That seems like a ridiculous puff piece thinly disguising an ad for the watch rental company.

Clearly everyone knows that the gold apple watch is the highest form of wealth display :p

I tend to agree. Someone should get me a high end watch so I can do my own research :lol:

I think what this guy discovered (at most) is that people generally treat you better if you look presentable. I'd like to see him do it over again wearing greasy jeans, a smelly stained wife-beater, flip flops, dirty fingernails, and hair that hasn't been washed in a week.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Interesting article indeed. In the right circles I can see the advantage but in a lot of places it can be an invitation to disaster. It depends where your travels take you.

Bob
I never thought of that angle! In the neighborhoods I go into for treatment of my clients I'd be inviting danger.

Top Bottom