What's new

What's for lunch?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thought I would start this and see where it goes. I had one farmer's market tomato left (it was so good), so I silced it and packed it up with some red onion, bacon, and wheat bread to bring to work (we have toasters here). So, here is today's lunch- feel free to add yours.
$image.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Did you drip tomato juice on your keyboard?

That looks great...and I just ate dinner.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dinner plans just changed. My Indian coworker brought me samosas. This will be my first time with samosas and chutney.
$samosas.jpg

A wild guess (well, two) is veggie samosas and the left hand sauce is lime pickle, based on what you'd find here in Little India

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It was a vegetable samosa. The sauce on the left was a type of sweet and sour sauce. The samosas were okay, but I really liked the chutney.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
If it is a good tomato its hard to beat as just tomato, salt & pepper and buttered bread.

A buddy of mine walks into his backyard with a salt shaker. Grabs a tomato off the vine takes a small bit . . . adds a shake of salt . . . and poof gone, no more tomato.

A buddy of mine walks into his backyard with a salt shaker. Grabs a tomato off the vine takes a small bit . . . adds a shake of salt . . . and poof gone, no more tomato.

If you lick the tomato first, the salt will stick to the skin and the first bite will be as nicely salted as all the rest.

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Ha, that's funny. As a kid, in the morning, my dad would take a bowl of corn flakes or honey combs (with milk) and walk out into the back yard and pick dewberries off the vine, put em in his bowl and chow down.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
If you lick the tomato first, the salt will stick to the skin and the first bite will be as nicely salted as all the rest.

dave

I would never have thought of that. I learned a lot from this man. First time I tried espresso. Bits of food from preserved jars and life lessons about what is important in life.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I read this, walked away from the computer and went out to finish turning over my garden. My tomatoes seedlings need a new home. I will be sneaking out to the poly tunnel with some salt this season for sure. :001_smile I can taste them already.

Top Bottom