What's new

Barrister & Mann Latha Soaps

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Has anyone tried any of these soaps, particularly the Oceana soap? I'd like to hear opinions and experiences.

The B&M Latha soaps get pretty favorable remarks around here. If you search the Soaps forum (upper right hand corner) and search "Latha" you will find a number of posts. The Oceana gets pretty high marks from what I have seen.
I am sure others will be by, that have used this particular soap, to weigh in.

Last edited:
I own the whole line and the scent strength is a little light but performance is top notch! I highly recommend them.

Performance is pretty good. I have the Taiga, and the scent is a bit overpowering for me. Had a sample of Oceana, and it was subtle, but nice.
I'd be happy to send you a sample of the Taiga if you are interested...

Great suds at an excellent price. I've got it in a few scents and really enjoy it. One of the easiest lathering soaps I've ever used as well.

Thoroughly enjoy them. I own the Limon and the Lavender and they perform/smell fantastic. My personal favorite is the Limon. Great soap for the price along with being an excellent performer.

I like them too. I have Oceana and the Sandalwood and Currant soaps. I'm more partial to the Sandalwood than Oceana (a bit of a medicinal smell to me).

Wonderful performers, great price. Oceana and Taiga are my two favorite scents. I would say they are tough to beat for the price.

What Joe said, it's an excellent soap for the price. Are there better soaps out there? Sure, but there are a hell of a lot worse as well. In my opinion it's definitely an above average to excellent soap, when you add in the price it's an even better buy. I'd recommend it as it's money well spent.

Canada post was nice enough to drop off an order for me today. I picked up the Latha in the Sandalwood & Currant scent. Although I haven't used it yet the smell is amazing, it'll be in my next shave for sure.

They are great soaps. I have tried the original one with the black label, the sandalwood and the oceana. I was disappointed in the sandalwood. The scent is very weak. My favorite is the black label one.

$Latha_Muhle.jpg

Imo, i think they are great soaps. I just used oceana this morning. I will say this though they are thirtsy for water. Once you get it right they perform wonderfully. Grat cushion in my experiences. I believe the only difference from the white label is it is without lanolin

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
The description of this soap is that it was formulated for people with sensitive skin. My skin isn't sensitive, I was just more or less interested in the scent. There aren't to many soaps that I've had problems with. If anything.... I didn't like the fragrance. I do like the fragrance of Latha Oceana. I think the fragrance is a little stronger once foamed up, but not by much. I still enjoy it though.

Fantastic line that I just tried for the first time. Amazing slickness and easily one of my top performers. Even after one shave, I know this soap is going to be a major player in my shave den.

B&M Latha line is excellent for the price, many of the scents are more simple than the regular B&M line which I would guess effects the price. Some of my favorites from Latha line are Figgy Puddin, LPC, and Taiga.

Great stuff. I thought it was just OK until I ordered some low price soap and realized it's great. I have the oceana and it's not strong but just great soap.

I love the Limon, but it doesn't last long. 32 or 33 shaves and it was gone, for me. Most of my soaps last at least twice as long.

So, the "bargain price" has been somewhat exaggerated, IMO. Great lather and a great shave, though, and the scent of the Limon is really nice.

A similar scent on a soap that lasts longer is Rosalimone by Mystic Water soaps.

Top Bottom