What's new

Finally Got To Sniff Some Truefitt & Hill

I'm mainly a soap user, but have appreciated Speick, C.O. Bigelow, Cade, AOS creams when I have used them. Not having anywhere near to sample non-chain stuff, some of the creams that get discussed (or loved or hated) on here I can only guess what kind of scents and performances are available. I'm not a cologne scent person at all, so it is quite expensive to buy creams online not having a clue what they smell like. A puck of soap I sometimes purchase blindly, but not creams.

Returning from a trip out to the Oregon coast last week, we decided to extend our trip several days with a layover in New Mexico. Sunday we took the commuter train up to Sante Fe for brunch. While strolling through the market area, I walked by a small boutique shop that had shaving brushes and DE razors in the window display. Since I have good brushes and razors and we were at that point a little pressed for time, I reluctantly decided to keep walking. Then I saw a jar of Truefitt & Hill Grafton on a display pedestal. I wasn't going to pass that opportunity up. I sent She Who Walks Slower on toward the train station and promised her I would be brief and run and catch up. Right. :biggrin1:

I was very fortunate that the woman minding the store that day detected my enthusiasm and she was more than willing to talk wet shaving with me. When she saw I knew what I was talking about, she brought all her opened jars of T&H to the counter for me to smell. I told her I would not be buying any that day but she let me have my fun anyway. As I was leaving for my train station dash, she called me over and dumped a handful of West Indian Limes and Trafalgar cream samples in my hand. I had never asked her for any because she was already very gracious opening everything for me to smell. I began to protest, but she cut me short---"Go catch your train. Vaya con Dios."

I plan to shave with the West Indian Limes tomorrow now that I'm home and unpacked. I hope I'm impressed.

Last edited:
Being a great customer, or even potential customer, has its own reward. Sometimes it is just the good service you get, sometimes it is more.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I would recommend ordering the fragrance, AS balm, and cream sample pack. It isn't cheap for what it is, but it's a great way to sample some great products and fragrances, and the samples are great for travel.

Cheers, Steve

You might not like T&H no.10....that one hou need to smell before you buy....performancebis outstanding but the sent is....ummmmm....complicated is the proper word....ol.

Top Bottom