What's new

I purposely cheated

So yesterday I cheated, I purposely used Edge Gel.

I immediately noticed that my face with dried out. Also, I found that he did not nearly have as much also, I found that it did not nearly as much glide as traditional soaps and cream.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I used Edge gel from day 1 of shaving until I switched to DE. I went back to it . . . once. That was more than enough.

These days, when I reach for a can in a hurry, I reach for Barbasol.

Now that I know how good lather feels, from my experience using traditional soap and a brush, I found out that Edge gel can be used if you use plenty of water to mix it with and a very small amount of gel. This is one case where much less is more.

Last edited:
Luckily I lathered with soap and a brush years before I switched from Gillette M3 Power to DE shaving - for 2 very good reasons....

Vivid memories of the smell of the Gillette Lemon & Lime Gunk (shaving foam) I used when I started shaving in 1986 - yuk !!
Thinking of the chemically created citrus scent makes me cringe to this day

Vivid memories of the one and only time I tried the Gillette Sensor Slime (shaving gel) in 1990 because it was included in the pack with the new Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge razor I'd just bought as part of a promotion - double yuk !!
The smell of chemicals and the slimy texture put me off using gels for life - probably just as well considering that I wear glasses, so anything greasy, oily or slimy on my face is just asking for smeared lenses !!

Having said all that - DE, SE and SR shavers who use quality creams or soaps should have bad memories of inferior products like gels, foams and cartridge razors indelibly implanted in their minds........

Just to serve as a reminder that we are doing the right thing by shaving properly with decent products !!

We are the chosen ones :lol:

Last edited:
Now you've done it.... You are going to have to go home tonight and sit down with your soap and have a long and honest talk about your infidelity. It might even be a good idea to buy her a new brush before this to try and help ease the whole thing as it will be hard on her. Hopefully she will forgive you and you can have some amazing make-up lather! :lol:

Never did like gel and only used one can of it. Plain ol' Barbisol in a can was much better. Still have an unused can of Barbisol, but I use a brush and traditional soap or cream exclusively these days. I wouldn't hesitate to use Barbisol in a pinch, though.

you will be properly rewarded!

proxy.php

I like Edge gel just fine. I've used it off and on for over 30 years. It's not as fun as using a brush and soap but it does a fine job for me, especially on those days when I'm rushed.

Now you've done it.... You are going to have to go home tonight and sit down with your soap and have a long and honest talk about your infidelity. It might even be a good idea to buy her a new brush before this to try and help ease the whole thing as it will be hard on her. Hopefully she will forgive you and you can have some amazing make-up lather! :lol:

Funniest thing I've read on B&B! Ha!

Barbasol has Isobutane & Propane.

Isobutane & Propane, should be used for cooking not shaving :thumbdown

Yes it does.Do you actually KNOW what these 2 are?

They are natural gas or petrol by products.

Such by products are used in almost ALL the "traditional" shaving soaps and creams.

Just read the ingredient list on any Tube or Tub,it is chock FULL of those :lol:

I am sure you inhale 300 times the amount of Isobutane & Propane each time you cook or eat in any kind of restaurant than the Isobutane & Propane that you will inhale in a LIFETIME of squirting Barbasol shaving foam out of its can (no Isobutane & Propane does NOT stick on the foam and does NOT "touch" your skin since it is used as a propelant)

It was a one-off, it meant nothing to him, and he immediately regretted it. My advice is to forget it and never speak of it again.

Now that I've been doing it for about ten months, it's clear to me that most of the benefits of traditional shaving come from lathering with soap and a brush. I can get excellent shaves from that and even a crappy cheap cart, but canned goo and a DE? The horror, the horror!

Thank you for the replies. One day was enough. I was amazed on how much it dried my skin. I had to my regular balm twice and food skin to get face looking normal. My skin back in the winter was turning and ashen white. I assume it is from the all the parabons. LOL

Top Bottom