What's new

Castle Forbes

Can't go wrong with any CF goods. I've been using Lime in my rotation and it seems like it's going to last forever. YMMV but I wouldn't worry about price on this one. Will last and top shelf quality.

I have a sample of Castle Forbes Lime aftershave balm from Maggard's and I love it; I think it has an even better Lime scent than the cream.

Castle Forbes Lavender is what got me started with acquisition disorder, after realizing that I can actually shave without any irritation with a good quality cream or soap, before trying this I always thought that the irritation was just part of wet shaving for my sensitive skin.

Castle Forbes is a good soap, as well is their balms, it's just not worth the money, too many other soaps that are as good or better for much less.

Castle Forbes is a good soap, as well is their balms, it's just not worth the money, too many other soaps that are as good or better for much less.

I would tend to agree with this. I never bought into the calculation of pennies per use. It is a large initial investment. You could get 2-3 other nice artisan soaps for the price................but you'll never get that awesome lime or lavender scent that only CF has!

I just love the strong pure scent on those! I keep them in the cupboard.

I got samples of all three scents from Maggards a while back. Wasn't crazy about the cedar/sandlewood fragrance, but the other two smelled great. Performance was fantastic!

Shaving.ie has a pretty good sale going on right now and CF is one of those productsa available. I broke down and bought some. Looking forward to giving it a try.

At $60 a jar I can't do it. Aos is 1/2 the price and it's expensive in my mind. Is it really worth the premium?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Hah, I would disagree that it is pricey, though it isn't really dirt cheap. I've been lathering it with a pea-sized portion smeared out in my bowl, and I can throw the water to it and get three passes with anything but the largest brush like a Simpsons 59. That pea-sized piece weighs about a half gram, which translates to 10 cents a shave. The stuff is unbelievably concentrated and in a class by itself as far as performance goes.

Cheers, Steve

+1 In a longevity test a while back I found that CF cost me half a penny more than Proraso per day.

Really not that expensive on a per-shave basis and the performance is worth any small excess cost.

fully agree!!

proxy.php

I'm in Canada, home of the low dollar. $60.25 CDN at IB.

This is what I started using and it lasted for about a year, and, that was before I knew what I was doing and wasted a bunch of it. So you get what you pay for in this case.

Top Bottom