What's new

Castle Forbes

Definitely my next cream purchase. I ordered some samples of Musgo Real to see if it got along with my skin. It doesn't. Kinda bummed. Luckily I threw in a Castle Forbes Lavender sample as well. Not bummed any more. This stuff is just wonderful. The first word that came to mind was "luxurious". It's a bit pricey, but I really don't care. It's that good. Next time you're ordering samples, get a sample. You'll be pleased.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Hah, I would disagree that it is pricey, though it isn't really dirt cheap. I've been lathering it with a pea-sized portion smeared out in my bowl, and I can throw the water to it and get three passes with anything but the largest brush like a Simpsons 59. That pea-sized piece weighs about a half gram, which translates to 10 cents a shave. The stuff is unbelievably concentrated and in a class by itself as far as performance goes.

Cheers, Steve

Agreed....the stuff works marvelously...but i just cant stand the sandlewood sent...perhaps i should try the lavender.

Hah, I would disagree that it is pricey, though it isn't really dirt cheap. I've been lathering it with a pea-sized portion smeared out in my bowl, and I can throw the water to it and get three passes with anything but the largest brush like a Simpsons 59. That pea-sized piece weighs about a half gram, which translates to 10 cents a shave. The stuff is unbelievably concentrated and in a class by itself as far as performance goes.

Cheers, Steve

Steve, I think you're right. I face lathered with it and put a dab on each cheek and two on my neck. I had enough lather to make a beard that Santa Claus would envy. :001_smile

I've used the Lime and Lavender scents for many years and they both are superb English(actually Scottish) creams. The only two creams that I view as superior to CF is XPEC(Unscented) and Santa Maria Novella

Craig

Definitely my next cream purchase. I ordered some samples of Musgo Real to see if it got along with my skin. It doesn't. Kinda bummed. Luckily I threw in a Castle Forbes Lavender sample as well. Not bummed any more. This stuff is just wonderful. The first word that came to mind was "luxurious". It's a bit pricey, but I really don't care. It's that good. Next time you're ordering samples, get a sample. You'll be pleased.
I've always wanted to try it - you make me want to try it even more!

Castle Forbes has been the best cream that I've tried so far. Even the highly acclaimed Cella brick croap didn't come close, which is saying something. Maybe creams will never be sufficient for me..

I've tried Lime, but suspect slightly different characteristics with each scent. Time reduction is important, so I'll continue trying samples over the years..

I've done Lime and I have Lavender on the shelf. The scent is as true to lavender as it gets. Looking forward to getting into this tub, but it'll be awhile...

Castle forbes lime is a nice cream. Just started face lathering instead of bowl lathering so i can get a feel for the cream consistency. Lathers very nice and a little goes along way. How do most people load up the brush? Swirl in the tub, put in the middle of the brush or apply some to the face?

Castle forbes lime is a nice cream. Just started face lathering instead of bowl lathering so i can get a feel for the cream consistency. Lathers very nice and a little goes along way. How do most people load up the brush? Swirl in the tub, put in the middle of the brush or apply some to the face?

Just got mine yesterday and used it today. I just swirled my slightly damp brush and then lathered straight on my face. Adding water as I went. It almost silly how little you need to make a great lather. I swirled my brush about 10 seconds and had more than enough lather for my 2 pass shave with touch ups. I'm going to try 5 seconds next time. Just to see what happens. After my shave I proceeded to drop the container and crack the lid in half. :blushing:

Top Bottom