What's new

Can anyone compare Ikon tech with ATT H2?

I have read tons of stuff about both razors. I don't think I've ever read anything by someone who has owned both.

I'm asking because I'm gravitating toward very aggressive razors. I know someone personally that owns and uses the Ikon tech and says it is the most smoothest, comfortable shave he has ever experienced. He also owns a R41. BUT, he has never used an ATT H2.

So I'm wondering if if anyone here has ever been able to compare the two.

And FWWI, I don't care at this point whether it's sintered aluminium or machined SS. What I want right now is the best shave I can get for me at this point in time. I'll buy more stuff later. Yes, ATT is really cool stuff.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
I got the H2 after the Tech. It is a let down and I'll probably sell it. The Tech is much more aggressive and to me a lot smoother than the 41. If you want a smooth very aggressive razor get the Tech. If you want a beautiful, moderately aggressive razor get the H2.

It really is a case of YMMV.

I have R41's, both 2011 and 2013, the H2, the Ikon SC Tech and even just spent a week with the Rapira Platinum Lux. Like you I keep looking for a more aggressive razor.

The 2011 R41 remains king of the heap, followed by a tie between the 2013 R41/H2 closely followed by the Tech and the Rapira Lux a distant last.

For me, the Tech and Rapira give very smooth shaves but that is because they don't give me a particularly close lasting shave.

I like the feel of the blade and I don't get that from the Tech or Rapira.

Another one to consider is the Futur. I have the clone not the original and it is my second favourite razor to the 2011 R41.

Thank you both for your feedback. I honestly don't think there is anything in the world that applies "YMMV" any better than wet shaving. In any case, it seems that everything I've read suggests that the ATT H2 and Ikon Tech are distinctly different, but in the same neighbourhood.

Small wonder so many of us get RAD so bad.

I got the H2 after the Tech. It is a let down and I'll probably sell it. The Tech is much more aggressive and to me a lot smoother than the 41. If you want a smooth very aggressive razor get the Tech. If you want a beautiful, moderately aggressive razor get the H2.

Shim the H2 one time, if possible, they have small blade aligning pins. Rigidity is the issue with the H2. I heard Kai blades are more rigid, try those in the H2. The problem is the blades, not the razor.

Prewar Tech + one Shim =...

ATG problem - I'm flummoxed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom