What's new

The Magnificent Seven and the Mystery Blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My local B&M has a bulk tobacco that I'm confident is a commercially available mixture, but won't disclose it's identity. It is supposedly a English blend that is mildly aromatic. Seven stalwart pipe smokers have been sent samples of this blend and should receive them on or about Thursday, 9/29/2016. They are asked to evaluate this blend as follows:

icon1.png

So from your analysis of the mystery mixture, give me your take of the following;
1. Can you identify it, if not, can you pick a known commercial mixture that it most resembles.
2. Is this really an English in your opinion? I have my doubts.
3. What component tobaccos are in it.
4. Your overall impression of the mixture, enjoy it or not.
5. Any other comments you deem appropriate.

Those seven pipesters are;
Price
Alpster
Hirsute
DC_MPA
cwf71
BladeBoy
Simon1​

Last edited:
I'm excited! I should have it on Wednesday I'd expect and I'll be gladly filling out the survey. I'll smoke it in a few pipes to give it a full rounded ponder. Might even rinse my mouth with 15 year Dalmore scotch to avoid any confusion between the pipes. I'm willing to do that just for the team as a dedicated member of the Magnificent Seven.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I, too, have a cob for the evaluation.

The journey of the tobacco has started. Let the adventure begin!

For something that you may not be able to get out of your head...you can thank me later. :biggrin1:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm gonna order a new IM Corona for this. I don't want to cause any issues with the flame messing with the tobacco.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Ordering a new IM Corona is always a good idea! Perhaps a new un-smoked Meerschaum is in order as well!

And maybe cross reference with a new Dunhill.

I am joking folks. I never care to be this braggadocios in my life.

One of my favorite movies! Every time I watch that I wonder, "is that really how it is?" Because I can easily see that as the case.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Which one is Yul Brynner? Do you think people ever wished him a happy Yuletime, then laughed? Why do these types of questions appear in my brain?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My sample of the 'baccy arrived today, but I'm going to be tied up out-of-state for a few days...probably without internet access. I'll post my evaluation when I return.

So...without further ado...

Ladies and Gentlemen...please allow me to introduce the members of the New Magnificent Seven. We are eager to accept this mission and will complete it with the utmost courage and determination.

The members are:

Price: The sailor with an ample chest and fists of iron...and a knowledge of tobacco that is unsurpassed.

Alpster: The tactician. He can look at the lay of the land and know exactly what needs to be done. Excellent at knowing what altitude and soil conditions the tobacco was grown in.

Hirsute: The legal expert of the group that oversees the contracts and validity of the assignments of the group and contends with any legal issues that arise...and he is also a crack shot with a Sharps rifle. He can spot a patent infringement on tobacco brands from a mile away in a split second.

DC_MPA: The finance expert of the group who contends with all of the payments and expenditures of the group. Can readily tell a cheap tobacco from premium just by looking at it.

cwf71: The human calculator of the group. He is over logistics and manages to get the most supplies, from the most unlikely places, of any logistics expert known to man. He can obtain an entire winter's worth of pipe tobacco for the group at unheard of prices. He is also the explosives expert, so be careful about asking him for a light for your pipe…he has a strange sense of humor.

Blade Boy: A designer of improvised weapons and needed accessories. He can take a malfunctioning pipe and make it work like new with nothing but a stick.

Simon1: The ex-lawman and part-time bounty hunter. Deadly with both pipe and cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom