What's new

Bolzano Superinox Blades

what you think about Bolzano Superinox blades ???
They are sharp ??? They are smooth??? How their longevity???

proxy.php

Thank you very much ...

I haven't used them in a number of years. As I recall, they were a decent blade. However, they were expensive and their longevity was not the best. For a contrary opinion, take a look at this thread.

I've tried them numerous times now.
Bought a few packs of them a couple of years ago, didn't like them at all.
Seemed to be blunt, didn't cut well at all. Tossed them out after battling through 3 or 4 packs of them.
Then later I bought some more thinking "maybe I got a bad batch"?
Nope, still terrible.
Then recently I tried a sample pack of some blades and sure enough there was a pack of Bolzano lurking in there!
Same story, they do not work for me.
I read some good reviews about them, but maybe those guys have soft whiskers, or their wives use them just for leg shaving?
I now only use Feather or Gillette Silver Blue.
Maybe I'm so used to a good blade that the Bolzano compare badly to them.
For me I won't waste my money on them anymore.
YMMV.
Quick edit: I'm heading into 70 now (no, not mph) and have wet shaved for 50 years. I 'think' I can tell a good blade from a bummer by now.
Razors used...vintage Gillette Tech, Muhle R89 Grande, and Ikon Shavecraft 101.
All my razors hate Bolzano! Can you tell I don't like them either?

Last edited:
A few years ago, they were pretty hard to get so I figured they were getting snapped up because they were great blades. I bought 15 of them and I have 12 left. Not so great! Cut me up pretty good and I have no idea why they were so(relatively)expensive and hard to get. They remind me of Merkurs, and I dislike them, too.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I use them quite regularly. I saw photos on here and they oddly enough had the straightest edge with the least amount of imperfections of any the blades he photographed under a micro-scope. Having said that they seem a bit tuggy in certain tough spots and a bit rough at first, but warm up quite nicely I have found. I change blades after five shaves and to me it is just when they are still hitting their stride. They have an odd personality, but are a blade that works well for me when achieving a daily bbs. For all their "odd personality" they are very kind to my skin. They are a mainstay in my rotation and I have 200 of them.

I've only tried one tuck, but I'm going to be contrarian in this thread and say that I thought they were very smooth and had better than average longevity.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
"Tuggy and rough" sounds about right. I can't say they were expensive, though, as they were a gift (and a wonderful one, since I wanted to try them).

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've only tried one tuck, but I'm going to be contrarian in this thread and say that I thought they were very smooth and had better than average longevity.

That's the thing for me tuggy and rough yet smooth (if that makes any sense?). I've never shaved one out as far as longevity goes. I have two favorite blades right now Bolzano and GSB and both work great in any of my razors.

First time poster from Australia.

I have 12 sealed boxes (7 opened) of what I think are Italian-made Bolzanos. Font and design is different to those from Germany - check the pic.

Dug them up from Nonna's estate, she worked with hair way back when.

Of any use to you fellas?

Attachments

• 15413287539016027863392663479119.jpg
    15413287539016027863392663479119.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 18
Top Bottom