What's new

Age Old Question: D.R. Harris Arlington or Windsor

Im about to acquire a D.R. Harris soap and cant decide which scent to get. What does everyone think about Windsor vs Arlington? I don't have the budget for both right now :001_rolle. Thanks!

They are similar enough that I wouldn't want to own both. It's best to diversify your collection, with varied scents.

In any case, I prefer Windsor, as it is a more complex scent than Arlington. It's less about lemons, and more about vetiver and pepper.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Arlington is good. It's a lemony fougere. It can seem a bit bright at times which gives it that industrial solvent smell to some.

Windsor is outstanding. It's a balanced citrus and spice fragrance. It is traditional smelling yet won't upset anyone who has more modern sensibilities. For my money, it's Windsor every time.

Where are you located?

Arlington for spring/summer. Windsor for autumn/winter. They are both great.

Windsor is much more pleasant for my nose. Arlington got a bit of chemical lemon scent that I don't really enjoy too much.

Fern type of scent.

Kinda floral, but herby. Very fresh, bright, and green. Anything oakmoss would give you a good idea of what they're like.

Thanks everyone! I'll go with the windsor. I see soap described as 'fougere' a lot, what does this mean?
Nice choice. I love Windsor, I have both a shave cream sample from Maggard's as well as an aftershave bottle. To me the scent is like orange and black pepper and leather together; almost like Terre D Hermes a little bit. Manly.

D.R. Harris gave me a fragrance sample of Arlington and I didn't like it.

depends.
if you are under age 40, i'd recommend Arlington.
but if you're over 40, i'd recommend Windsor!
in any case, you should consider getting the respective aftershave and/or cologne!
enjoy!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Another question- strictly performance-wise (no scent), would you say D.R. Harris is better than Barrister and Mann?

Top Bottom