What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 26th - October 2nd, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just as I expected, gents. Monday's SOTD photos and posts were outstanding. You know how to start the week off with a bang!

@ram57 - Excellent photo, nicely accented. The pre-shave is complementary to the Tiki soap?
@skypsyd - Another elegant photo, Dave. Beautiful razor.
@Dagwoodz - Good shot at a "Legendary" shave, Josh. Love the focal quality.
@Cash_Stronomer - All the hallmarks of your classic shots: sharp focus closeup, texture galore, soft fade into an amorphous background. How's the new razor?
@jfim88 - I love how your elements fade into darkness. Very interesting frankenrazor.
@UngerWoo - Great closeup. Really nice brush.
@Sdm84 - Nice reflective photo. The GEM Jr. is lovely.
@eezee - Fine display of an excellect setup. Always loved the look of the 1904; need to add it to my den.
@Rusty Blade - Beautiful scales on the straight. Like the brush too.
@Bobcat - Looks like a satisfying shave, Bob. My first outing with The Spoiler last week was in a Fatboy. Thanks for bringing the blade to my attention.
@mcdig - I like the two patterns backing the soap, razor and brush, Mark. Did you like the PAL? It's time I gave mine its initial shave. Great El Druida!
@shm - Beautiful picture, Søren. Nice brush.
@imcndn - Classy photo.
@sarimento1 - Nicely done once again. Like the scales on the razor. Wonder what could have caused the distraction....
@blzrfn - Really great use of natural light.
@Jnatcat - Excellent composition for a great POV shot.
@sskim3 - Fine artistic application. Very atmospheric.
@PACO GALAN - An exceptional photo. Beautiful razor and brush.
@ram57 - You make that color work! Neat subtle framing.
@sandstone - Interesting photo, Phil. Love that blue!
@Hanover - The color really jumps in this shot, Mark. You really do make it look easy.
@120inna55 - Oh, I like this one, Matt. Excellent colorful arrangement in a beautiful setting. Well done.
@DabblinRazors - Love your shaving accoutrements. Osage Rub as a body splash!!! And then Cryogen added for the extra kick! Not sure I'd try both....
@Doug57 - How is the Bluebell soap, Doug? Nice looking GEM Junior. I've got a thick handle just like it.
@Quink - Two for the price of one! Love those injector photos. Today I used a replica of the last Schick injector made (Type O).

Your exceptional efforts are greatly appreciated. As always, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's contributions.

Hope the rest of the evening finds you well, gentlemen. Until Tuesday....

Last edited:
It was just as I expected, gents. Monday's SOTD photos and posts were outstanding. You know how to start the week off with a bang!

@ram57 - Excellent photo, nicely accented. The pre-shave is complementary to the Tiki soap?

Yes, the soap is a custom blend that I had Amanda of Tiki Bar Soap make up for me, I provided the list of EO's that I wanted in it and she did a superb job with mixing and created a wonderful aroma that matches the quality of her soap. I then mixed up the same EO's at home to match the soap but I did this while I had a stuffed up sinus issues over a months time and the PSO is actually stronger aroma wise than the soap. Aroma of the soap fills the bathroom and bedroom, last a long time.

Yes, the soap is a custom blend that I had Amanda of Tiki Bar Soap make up for me, I provided the list of EO's that I wanted in it and she did a superb job with mixing and created a wonderful aroma that matches the quality of her soap. I then mixed up the same EO's at home to match the soap but I did this while I had a stuffed up sinus issues over a months time and the PSO is actually stronger aroma wise than the soap. Aroma of the soap fills the bathroom and bedroom, last a long time.

Quite interesting. Nice to have a custom soap and then create the pre-shave. A really great, special touch to the shave.

thanks again for driving!

re your note last week, "@sarimento1 - Very classy! How do you like the Pils? ", it's a nice, mild shaver, similar to the Feather ASD2.
Pils seems a drop heftier, 122 g, and needs a bit of experimenting to get optimum angle.

Thanks. Nice to know about the Pils. I appreciate a heftier razor and a little bit of experimentation never hurts the shave.

Tuesday's Shave 9.27.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

CV Heljestrand MK*32
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 HMW
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica shave soap
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica aftershave

proxy.php

Have a Nice Tuesday Gentlemen

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (2)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Fantastic pictures gentlemen - thank you and I hope you all have a great Tuesday :thumbup:

SOTD - Tuesday, 27 September, 2016 - Stirling Piacenza

Prep: hot shower, Lucky Tiger Facial Scrub
Pre-shave: Baume.be Pre-shave Gel, hot towel
Strop: Classic Edge 3” Latigo Premium Strop, SRD Hard felt sprayed strops (.5 CrOx, .25 Diamond)
Razor: Dovo Best Quality 6/8”
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: The Shaving Place mountain blue lather bowl
Post-shave: alum, cold towel, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza
Fragrance: St. Barts by Tommy Bahama EdC
Album of the Day: Depeche Mode - Violator
Song of the Day: World in My Eyes
$SOTD20160927.jpg
Great start by everyone here! Loving all the wonderful set-ups!

Dapper Dragon Obi Hill
Rocnel MD SE
Olivo Beehive by Alfredo M Hernández
Pitralon

proxy.php

Regards

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Ron! Boy you really read the photos Eh!

Actually, this razor seems to be quite an amazing little unit, so far. I actually like it better than the Razorock Tech. Has a tiny bit of bite, but yet it's harder to nick myself than even with the Tech.

@ronweston thank you a lot for your daily inspiration and daily kind words, with thanks also to all mods here! Hats off!

SOTD 27 September 2016
Year 1 Week 9 Day 2

More Bay Rum Dope oil to change the scent of today rich shave.

Pre: Bay Rum Dope Oil
Brush: Omega 98
Razor: Cocina il Soldatino
Blade: Astra (1)
Soap: Mon Plaisir doped with Pimenta Racimentosa EO
AS: Denim / Stirling Bayrum balm

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

9/27/16

3P Pre Shave Cream
Chiseled Face Midnight Stag
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
5/8 Robert Klaas, Ohligs, Prussia
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
$OTD9-27-16.jpg

Status