What's new

My new Kent. Using this is so much fun!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I recently acquired a Kent BLK8, bought from a U.K. page and shipped since it costs less than half the US price to have it imported rather than pay 200 from a US vendor. Took a couple weeks to arrive, but boy was it worth it!

First off, it became quite apparent quite quickly why people call this brush "floppy". It is not very dense at all! It also lost quite a number of hairs it's first couple of uses before breaking in. Maybe 10-15 the first use, 5 or so the second, now it's no longer losing hair.

The new experience of lathering with something that isn't as efficient at picking up soap is actually a lot of fun. It adds a challenge to a shave and makes me take my time more. The brush also feels wonderful on the face so the extra time and effort pays off in the luxury it offers. I must say, I wish I had bouts one of these a long time ago!

My only complaint is with something that many others have expressed positive impressions on: The presentation box. I feel that it gives a feminine vibe. It's nail-polish red in color and reminds me other my late grandmother's cheap leather make up bag that she carried when I was a kid. It is a cool design, but I would rather it were a different material and color.

I can provide pics on request later if anyone likes. Not able to now. I got a great, BBS shave a few hours ago using this brush and Valobra. Really a wonderful experience!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have some of the very first batch of Sandalwood CRSW Select. Maybe I'll bust it out and try the pair!

I started wet shaving with a DE Razor and Brush about a year ago. I entered into the hobby cautiously... Bought a budget conscious brush(Generic Pure Badger Brush). My Dad has a Silver Tip Badger brush at home, But I didn't want to make that kind of investment at that point...

About six months into this I found a Kent H4 (I wanted the Horn Handle) I can't believe the difference it makes in the lathering process... My Kent definitely brought my shaving experience up a level.

A silver tip Kent is the next thing on my list for my Bag of Tricks.

Enjoy your new brush!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
$IMG_0814.jpg

Here's a shot from my phone. Not the greatest camera. 26mm Knot in the Size 8. Very soft, lots of loft, not dense, but very interesting to use. It is the only brush like it that I have tried.

Top Bottom