What's new

Voskhod - Wax dots?

After trying many samples, I decided to order 100 Voskhods from an Amazon vendor. One of the reasons that I chose the Voskhods was there were no wax dots on the sample blades I tried. Well, I just received my 100 blades and they have the wax dots! Now I'm curious, if you recently ordered Voskhod blades, do they have the wax dots or not? Thanks!

- Savager

Ordered 100 from straight from Russia off the "bay" no wax dots double wrapped. First time trying them and I think the ones I got are dull so maybe they could use the wax dots.

I've tried some older and some more recent Rapira blades. The older Rapira blades had no wax dots on them while the newer Rapira blades have four small wax dots. I believe that the recent blades I've tried are genuine because they are otherwise identical and shave the same. Since Rapira blades and Voskhod blades are made by the same factory, it's quite reasonable to assume that newer genuine Voskhods might also have the wax dots.

I'll have to go back and check but i dont think my Voskhods have wax dots. But is there a concern if there are? Love those blades :)

I haven't noticed wax dots on Voskhods, but would care if they were there. FME, they don't affect the shave at all.

Top Bottom