What's new

Erbe Silvertip Anyone?

Hello all,

Whilst browsing the net for new toys I came across this and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

$Becker-Manicure-Rasierpinsel-Rasierpinsel-Silberspitz-Plastikgriff-eckig-22498_1.jpg

http://en.parfumdreams.de/Becker-Manicure/Shaving-Shop/Shaving-brushes/Silvertip-shaving-brush,-angular-plastic-handle/index_22498.aspx

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
There are two sizes, the cheapest price I found being £100 for the smaller one.

Wow, didn't see that coming. For that I'd buy me a Thater or Simpsons. Frankly, this brush looks like a 15$ Semogue to me. No way I'd pay 100 pound for this brush.

Last edited:
Well, for what it's worth I found what looks like an identical handle on a VP Leonhardy, at a similar price too. Anyway I think I'll hold off for now, I'd really like to see a few reviews before forking out big bucks.

Wow, didn't see that coming. For that I'd buy me a Thater or Simpsons. Frankly, this brush looks like a 15$ Semogue to me. No way I'd pay 100 pound for this brush.

Would you be so kind to show us that $15 Semogue or any other silvertip brush similar to the one from the photo available for $15USD?

Space_Cadet

Would you be so kind to show us that $15 Semogue or any other silvertip brush similar to the one from the photo available for $15USD?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I said it looks resemble Semogue brushes. Take a look at Semogues and compare the style. I didn't say anything about Silvertip. Also, the knot looks small and not very dense. Generally it looks cheap. Probably rebranded too. For a completely obscure manufacturer that doesn't have any reviews or any info the price of £100 is ludicrous.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I said it looks resemble Semogue brushes. Take a look at Semogues and compare the style. I didn't say anything about Silvertip. Also, the knot looks small and not very dense. Generally it looks cheap. Probably rebranded too. For a completely obscure manufacturer that doesn't have any reviews or any info the price of £100 is ludicrous.

The cheapest Shavemac 163 with 19mm knot is 85.3EUR incl. VAT:

http://www.shavemac.com/products/Sh...ing-Brush-163-Handmade-Silver-Tip-Badger.html

Shavemac Silvertip 23mm - 114 Euro (Incl. VAT) = 98£.

(http://www.shavemac.com/products/Experts/Shaving-Brush-Configurator.html)

So, for a lower price you can get a beautiful Silvertip brush by the highest class manufacturer in the world.

Erbe actually seems like rebranded Shavemac 163 - a brush that according to your words "looks cheap" and "the knot looks small and not very dense".

Also, we don't know Erbe brushes knot size (only large and small), therefore we can't compare the prices. Furthermore, with the Erbe brush shipping within Europe is free.

Space_Cadet

Erbe actually seems like rebranded Shavemac 163 - a brush that according to your words "looks cheap" and "the knot looks small and not very dense".
Also, we don't know Erbe brushes knot size (only large and small), therefore we can't compare the prices. Furthermore, with the Erbe brush shipping within Europe is free.

"Seems like"? Do you have any proof? Did you contact Erbe? Or perhaps they are just copying it?
So you're saying they've rebranded a Shavemac brush and sell it for a higher price? Good point.
You also say they don't even mention the size of the knot. Seem like real professionals. So basically you don't even know what you are buying. Another good point.

I just proved you can get a better brush directly from Shavemac for less anyway.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with variances in perceptions. Gentlemen at times must agree to disagree. If this continues the thread will be closed.

Top Bottom