What's new

Gillete Vector Plus problem

Hey all. I am new to this site and am facing a problem since I started shaving. Whenever I use Vector Plus blade with my beard of 3-4 days duration or more; my hair gets stuck on the innerside of the lower blade which I am unable to get out. Its not on the front in between the two blades where I can get it out using the push technique. Instead it gets stuck on the inner side of the lower blade. Thus rendering my blade useless even in a single shave. Can anyone please help me with this.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Try using a toothbrush to dislodge the build-up.

The problem lies in the design of the cartridge, I would suggest getting a DE starter pack from Maggard Razors. They run around $30, and it's a great foot in the door!

Those cartridges are designed for a light stubble - at the very most two days growth. You can try using a toothbrush under running water but your basic problem is that you're using it in a way it's not intended to be used.

Hey all. I am new to this site and am facing a problem since I started shaving. Whenever I use Vector Plus blade with my beard of 3-4 days duration or more; my hair gets stuck on the innerside of the lower blade which I am unable to get out. Its not on the front in between the two blades where I can get it out using the push technique. Instead it gets stuck on the inner side of the lower blade. Thus rendering my blade useless even in a single shave. Can anyone please help me with this.

Welcome aboard B&B. When I used a Mach 3, I shaved every day (as I still do). I never had a problem with the blades becoming gunked up. Either shave more often or, as already suggested, try a DE or single edge razor.

Good luck.

What did you use before the vector. ..you may have to go back to that, or shave less than 3 or 4 days. .try shaving every 2 days

Top Bottom