What's new

Shaving and the War Department.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So this morning asked my wife what she used when she first started shaving her legs. Answer was a Daisy, she thought. Mentioned maybe she'd like an old vintage DE to try, as she is as frugal as I am wasteful. Man, the lecture commenced! It seems we don't need TWO folks in this house saving money on shaving, lol!

So this morning asked my wife what she used when she first started shaving her legs. Answer was a Daisy, she thought. Mentioned maybe she'd like an old vintage DE to try, as she is as frugal as I am wasteful. Man, the lecture commenced! It seems we don't need TWO folks in this house saving money on shaving, lol!
In my home, both my wife and I are frugal. However, if my wife wants it, I will do all I can to make sure she has it.

proxy.php

FarmerTan

In my home, both my wife and I are frugal. However, if my wife wants it, I will do all I can to make sure she has it.

Oh, same here, as far as getting her whatever she wants. She just wants things that aren't stuff, as in doing the dishes, cleaning toilets, etc. I spent a ton of money before I knew her love language was Acts of Service. I suffer from needing all the languages, lol!

FarmerTan

Seems like that could work well. She can try all the things you don't like?

That's not a bad idea! And I'm not THAT wasteful by the way. Bad choice of a word, that was. It would be better to describe us thusly: I'm frugal, she's cheap. That's not how she would describe us, lol. She is the most giving person I know, literally the shirt off her back, so to speak. We have ALWAYS for the last 28 years of wedded bliss given more than 10% of our pre tax dollars away; I'd just like to spend more than we do. I mean, debt free, one kid, one income, God has blessed us more than I have time to tell.

That's not a bad idea! And I'm not THAT wasteful by the way. Bad choice of a word, that was. It would be better to describe us thusly: I'm frugal, she's cheap. That's not how she would describe us, lol. She is the most giving person I know, literally the shirt off her back, so to speak. We have ALWAYS for the last 28 years of wedded bliss given more than 10% of our pre tax dollars away; I'd just like to spend more than we do. I mean, debt free, one kid, one income, God has blessed us more than I have time to tell.

It sounds like the two of you have a wonderful marriage! Congrats on 28 years!

Oh, same here, as far as getting her whatever she wants. She just wants things that aren't stuff, as in doing the dishes, cleaning toilets, etc. I spent a ton of money before I knew her love language was Acts of Service. I suffer from needing all the languages, lol!
The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman, is excellent. I ended up with the military edition, but they all contain the same information. Gotta keep my wife happy and knowing she is the priority.

FarmerTan

Not many households can afford having two people saving so much money on shaving.
Amen. I am amazed though at how expensive cartridge shaving has gotten. When I see the so called sale prices at department stores I have to laugh. Then I remember that I paid that, not so long ago. Honestly, even with my mild case of RAD, I've only spent what I would have in 2 years on carts, and I could not buy another single item and have enough stuff to last at least five years. Maybe that's my bride's point? lol

I know im truly lucky as my wife is ok with my SRAD and actually will help by making me preshave oils etc....i think shes a bit confused about the quantity of shaving soft supplies stating i have a 5 year supply but likes the ones i have...lol.

FarmerTan

I know im truly lucky as my wife is ok with my SRAD and actually will help by making me preshave oils etc....i think shes a bit confused about the quantity of shaving soft supplies stating i have a 5 year supply but likes the ones i have...lol.
For those of us blessed enough to be married, I'd have to guess that the vast majority of us have fairly understanding spouses, lol.
I just happen to be married to a woman that has no expensive habits that I can throw in her face when she comments on my RAD, blast it all!

Top Bottom