What's new

Discovering Cella

I have a tub of Cella that I've used a few times and thought it was ok, nothing special. This morning for the first time I really took my time building a lather with a Simpsons duke 2 best badger brush. The result was a terrific lather that supplied great slickness and protection. Now I realize why it's so popular. I just had to slow down and let it do it's magic!

The blocks of Cella Crema de sappone are argued to be even better than the tubs of Crema de barba, something about a minor variance in the formula. My last tub just ran out so I will be ordering a block very soon to personally test the rumor. And geez do I miss that Maracino & Marzipan smell in the mornings!

Transfer the soap in your tub to something that is wider. I've found that really helps to load the brush and give a better lather

Cella is Bella!
Congrat's on your discovery!!

proxy.php

I've gotten some pretty good shaves with Cella. I like the slickness that it provides. It's also a dirt cheap soap, especially if you buy the 1kg brick (like I did). The scent isn't the greatest, but it's perfectly inoffensive.

Ahh, the joy of a Cella shave. I have been on a tub for the better part of 5 months now and have really got the hang of it now. Check out Marko's Method and you will really get the best of it. I just load the brush now and face lather and always have a fantastic lather. I do find it works best with a boar or a brush that holds alot of water. My Omega Pro 49 works like a charm. Another Italian classic.

Enjoy the Cella

I'll be buying the Key once my 50gr sample is done. I get cherry's, marzipan, almond its a delightful mix. I've settled on Amaretto to describe the scent.

I don't know what you were doing before but using a soaked & wrung out brush on un-bloomed Cella, 20 second load, then face lathering made more lather than anything I've ever seen. Every time i added more water more lather would appear, I looked like a kid messing around with his dad's can of Barbasol! :lol::thumbup:

Top Bottom