What's new

Pitted Cast Iron Skillet - Looks like cast iron day here on the forum.

I have a late 1800s Erie with sulphur pitting on the bottom of the pan. Those crazy people used to cook over coal! :biggrin1:

Other than that, the skillet works fine; the cooking surface is still near perfect, but is there a way to fill in the pitting?

Probably more expensive than it's worth, but would still like to know.

Not that I have heard. I have first series Erie that has a hair line crack that still cooks great. Seasoning pretty much filled it in. Just use it.

You should get this skillet to have a flat top range. Owners praise its versatility because they can use it regularly and place it accurately on their cooktop.

You should get this skillet to have a flat top range. Owners praise its versatility because they can use it regularly and place it accurately on their cooktop.

Can't not to add a reply in this old topic because I heard about these skillets from one of my friends, she used it for many years and liked it, however it depends on an individual taste, I tried to use it too when I was her guest but I understood that it's just not my type :001_tt2: Personally I prefer popular teflon ones, have several of them and they are good even for many years :001_smile
I like also some electric skillets like in this list from cozzy for example, some of such models are nice too :001_smile For example, I have such Zojirushi pan which I bought a year ago, I use it rather often together with my teflon ones and I like it too :001_smile

proxy.php

Delta, that's exactly what I did. :)

The skillets from the 1880s cook better than anything else I have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom